Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Animals:)
  Nature :)
View Results

Ricin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:02 pm
Shiloh1991
mrgreen I respect your passion and dedication to these birds. I think it's great that you try and educate others. blaugh Calypso is so pretty! I have never had a pet bird, I prefer to see them in the wild, FREE. Birds have the Amazing ability to fly, I feel happiest when they are in the sky doing so. I cried once when I was little, I was jealous that I couldn’t fly way above the tree tops. I don't think it's bad at all that you have them. But I just love to see birds in the wild. It always puts me in a good mood. Oh and their songs that’s another favorite thing! I don’t think nature would be as wonderful without a bird theme song xp

Calypso makes this horrible nails on chalkboard screeching noise that you can hear down the street. My granny's macaws squawk so loud you have to be quiet until they're done... cause speaking is pointless. Even screaming is pointless lol. But I love the noise. I can even tell what they're trying to say. Usually it's along the lines of;
"MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! I MISS YOUUUU! COME BAAAAACK! MOM! MOM! MOM!"

I cried when Calypso's wings were clipped. I know it's for his own safety... but I don't think I'm going to have them clipped again unless he's being really pesky and getting into things. And even then I'll only have the primary flight feathers clipped... so he'll at least be able to glide. The hardest thing for me to accept is having a bird's wings clipped. It's for their own safety so they won't fly away.... but it'd be like cutting off your legs so you won't wander off. I just can't accept that.
I think I'll try to train him to fly back to me.. I met a guy who trained his blue and gold and scarlet macaws to fly around an audience and then come back to him. That way I won't have to worry about Calypso flying away from me but still allowing him to have the ability to fly ^_^. Plus imagine the pictures I'd get from it! eek  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:18 am
Ricin
Shiloh1991
mrgreen I respect your passion and dedication to these birds. I think it's great that you try and educate others. blaugh Calypso is so pretty! I have never had a pet bird, I prefer to see them in the wild, FREE. Birds have the Amazing ability to fly, I feel happiest when they are in the sky doing so. I cried once when I was little, I was jealous that I couldn’t fly way above the tree tops. I don't think it's bad at all that you have them. But I just love to see birds in the wild. It always puts me in a good mood. Oh and their songs that’s another favorite thing! I don’t think nature would be as wonderful without a bird theme song xp

Calypso makes this horrible nails on chalkboard screeching noise that you can hear down the street. My granny's macaws squawk so loud you have to be quiet until they're done... cause speaking is pointless. Even screaming is pointless lol. But I love the noise. I can even tell what they're trying to say. Usually it's along the lines of;
"MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! MOM! I MISS YOUUUU! COME BAAAAACK! MOM! MOM! MOM!"

I cried when Calypso's wings were clipped. I know it's for his own safety... but I don't think I'm going to have them clipped again unless he's being really pesky and getting into things. And even then I'll only have the primary flight feathers clipped... so he'll at least be able to glide. The hardest thing for me to accept is having a bird's wings clipped. It's for their own safety so they won't fly away.... but it'd be like cutting off your legs so you won't wander off. I just can't accept that.
I think I'll try to train him to fly back to me.. I met a guy who trained his blue and gold and scarlet macaws to fly around an audience and then come back to him. That way I won't have to worry about Calypso flying away from me but still allowing him to have the ability to fly ^_^. Plus imagine the pictures I'd get from it! eek

Aw, yeah the idea of clipping the wings is pretty sad neutral I think that's a good idea to train your parrot to come back to you 3nodding ! Ha-ha my sister has a puppy that has this high pitch bark, and he does it repeatedly when other dogs are around. Everyone plugs their ears, but I love it, I mean they are talking to us!  

Shiloh1991

Zambimaru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:04 am
I want to be a reptile keeper some day. Preferably at the San Diego Zoo(yes I know its hard to get a job at a Zoo). When I get back from Japan I`m going to try to apply for a University and try to get a degree in herpatolligy. I already work at a small Zoo thats owned by the San Diego Zoo so hopfully that will be a good way for me to get my foot in the door.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:37 am
Zambimaru
I want to be a reptile keeper some day. Preferably at the San Diego Zoo(yes I know its hard to get a job at a Zoo). When I get back from Japan I`m going to try to apply for a University and try to get a degree in herpatolligy. I already work at a small Zoo thats owned by the San Diego Zoo so hopfully that will be a good way for me to get my foot in the door.

mrgreen Cool Japan! 3nodding Good luck when you return!  

Shiloh1991

snubsnub

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:54 am
I think, maybe I want to become a vet. Or maybe a marine biologist for the ocean. Or maybe something to deal with researching animals?
I am having the same problem just as you! I can't figure out what I want to do X.x I hope you find the job your looking for!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:50 pm
snubsnub
I think, maybe I want to become a vet. Or maybe a marine biologist for the ocean. Or maybe something to deal with researching animals?
I am having the same problem just as you! I can't figure out what I want to do X.x I hope you find the job your looking for!

Thanks, you too! I think I’m going to do volunteer work for a shelter in the nearest city for a while. Until then I have yet to decide!  

Shiloh1991

nature_luv27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:28 am
are you already in the conservancy. if not than you can do that for a summer job. thats what im doing. you wont get paid but you can work with animals  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 am
nature_luv27
are you already in the conservancy? if not than you can do that for a summer job. thats what im doing. you wont get paid but you can work with animals

No, I'm not. mrgreen Sounds really interesting!

Shiloh1991

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:47 am
Well I dont know if you have a spca near you but, I am thinking about helping them pout they dont get paid except the rescuers but, you help animals find a good home and get other people to help out to. Otherwise I think everyone took my other ideas razz  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:25 pm
I am studying to be a vet nurse [amongst other things>.<] but I would like to work in most animal related industries.  

Evedi Etros

Henbane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:12 pm
Ricin
I don't know what I want to do as far as a career goes yet... so for now I work at Petsmart in animal care (gotta be 16 to work at Petsmart, 18 to work at Petco). It gets me enough money to feed my pets and I get to work with animals all day. Plus I get a 15% discount on all my animal supplies so that's a bonus.

In my spare time I take photos of my pets. In fact that's what I'm doing right now. My rattie Mikiboo is taking over my desk. (See?)

I'm thinking maybe I could turn my hobby into something more profitable, but I don't know if I'm good enough. But, it's something you could consider. If you're good at art of any type (photo, drawing, etc) you could mix your love of animals and your art together and make a side profit off of it. For example, I would definitely buy a character drawing of me and my doggie when we're walking through the park (the kind you get at Disneyland). Just make sure if you set up a stand of any type that it's legal where you live.

I also work at petsmart as a pet bather and next year a groomer. If you plan on doing something with animals, a pet store is a place to start. If you plan on becoming a groomer petSmart will train you for free as long as you sign a 2 year contract. You make a 50% profit on all of the dogs you groom. That is $400-$600 dollars a week depending on how many dogs you can do. It is definitly worth it if you have college or bills to pay. As I understand, they also have the same thing with training their dog instructors!

Dog training, dog grooming, pet sitting, owning a kennel, pet spas, are good ways of making a living or a little money on the side.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:38 pm
you could be a biologist... a zookeeper.... someone who has a sanctuaray for animals....  

Fudge Sprinkled Cupcakes

nyria10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:40 pm
well id love to work with animals when im older but i dont think ill get the good qualifications.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:35 pm
i wish to be a zookeeper  

Dr_Mario_Pills

The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out