Submit

Anyone else a homeschooler ?
  Yes...
  No...
  Friends with one...
View Results

Arkhangelsk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:30 am
Yeah, see I'm a homeschooler. Homeschooling is great and all, but it cuts me off from the ENTIRE WORLD, I mean anything that isn't in the Post Magazine or Online. Its really getting to me and to top it off I have three friends, three real friends... and only one of them lives in the state I live in, another is two hours away in a different state and the other lives on the other side of the globe.
I can't go back to normal school, the environment kills me. Any ideas how to still get out into the outside social world without attending public schooling ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:33 am
Arkhangelsk
Yeah, see I'm a homeschooler. Homeschooling is great and all, but it cuts me off from the ENTIRE WORLD, I mean anything that isn't in the Post Magazine or Online. Its really getting to me and to top it off I have three friends, three real friends... and only one of them lives in the state I live in, another is two hours away in a different state and the other lives on the other side of the globe.
I can't go back to normal school, the environment kills me. Any ideas how to still get out into the outside social world without attending public schooling ?

Extra curricular activities. Take lessons. Join a club. That kind of thing.  

Grypesagon

Arkhangelsk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:03 pm
That sounds like a great idea but I can't pay for any lessons, I can't drive to anywhere.

I know it sounds like I'm whining, but I really can't think of anything.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:12 pm
My friend is homeschooled. I haven't heard from her in a while, but I'll call her this weekend and get beck to you.
I'm no help at all am I...? sweatdrop

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm
Go out a bunch when you're able... like visit a park or just walk around the block. I've met a few people that way...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:10 pm
i'm a homeschooler too! life was pretty dull for me until my mom signed me up for dance classes. that's where i met two of my best friends! It can get lonely at times, but if you live in a neighbor hood maybe you can just go and walk around. who know's maybe you'll meet someone nice!  

Sylba

haileythefembot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:22 pm
Try and find out if there is a homeschool group near you, we're part of 3 and they offer a lot of different things, we have homeschool basketball, football, soccer [[I think]], Baseball, Softball, and... something else, teams.

I'm homeschooled [[obviously]]
But I'm still friends with alot of kids from some local schools, so if you have any local events that you think teenagers will be at, go to 'em, and introduce yourself if you see someone!

Maybe this will help? http://www.home-school.com/groups/

I wish you luck!!

[[btw, look at the schools near you, and see if they have any activities for all students, other than just the ones that go there]]

I hope I helped alittle!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:58 am
I was in home school for my 4 years of hi-shcool (cause i get panic attacks when im in large groups of people) and during that time i had 0 friends when i left school to start HS they left me behind.

so i know how you feel, the only friends i have are online sweatdrop

after a few years you get used to not having friends in RL so dont worry.

-feels so alone- emo  

Zombie Survival Mule

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces