Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Stephenie Meyer Guild™

Back to Guilds

Tags: Twilght, Vampire, Jacob, Edward, New mon 

Reply Eclipse
The Red Ribbon Meaning[Eclipse Cover Spoiler] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cute_honor_student666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:40 pm
What could it mean? It makes me think of St.Marcus day in Volterra when the woman's scarf floats away.How that could possibly be connected, I don't know. It's just the first thing I thought of.

Stephenie said that the cover would give too much away. What could this mean?
I imagine the rip is significant.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:11 pm
I think it is a ribbon b/c a story about this woman wore a red (or black) ribbon around her neck..... I forget what the story is called tho....  

Literature Angel

4,850 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Cute_honor_student666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:14 pm
It isn't very good quality on my computer. Is there a tear in the ribbon?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:15 pm
When I looked at it, I saw ribbon, I didnt even think scarf.

I doubt it has anything to do with the story though. The tulip had nothing to do with New Moon.

EDIT: Doesnt look too good to me either, but it is torn. I can see the fray a little there.  

Alisox
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100

Phantomette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 pm
I don't think it's a scarf.
It's very thin and is torn in two towards the top, as has been said.
It was an excellent thought though!

Anyone else noticed that red is a recurring theme on all the covers?
Perhaps the person who designs the covers likes M. Night Shyamalan.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:21 pm
So this is the official cover then?  

Froggyfrogfrog

Forlornhope13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:44 pm
I bet someone jacked the cover illegally. Thats's why its bad quality. It wasn't supposed to be released until May. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:52 pm
Forlornhope13 is probably correct, that this is either a) an illegal picture of the cover or b) not even the real cover. It is set to be revealed at Eclipse Prom. Perhaps Stephenie will briefly discuss the meaning there. It is very difficult sometimes to understand the symbolism of a cover without having read the book.

The old saying, 'Don't judge a book by it's cover' can be taken literally and applied here.  

Magical Fangirl Girl

Generous Gawker

7,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

isidar_mithram

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:14 am
Not true. That picture is from the Barnes and Noble site. Click this if you want to see what I mean. Along with a release date, and a little bit about the book. Not much, most of it is what we expected, really. But its hard to get a meaning out from it until we read Eclipse. Even just a bit of it, like the first chapter..or the epigraph. That usually gives away a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:26 am
isidar_mithram
Not true. That picture is from the Barnes and Noble site. Click this if you want to see what I mean. Along with a release date, and a little bit about the book. Not much, most of it is what we expected, really. But its hard to get a meaning out from it until we read Eclipse. Even just a bit of it, like the first chapter..or the epigraph. That usually gives away a bit.

yeah BN but whats being shown at the Prom?
i thought something was being unvieled.....
maybe we'll ge tlucky and it'll be the epigraph... probably not crying lol  

Tsubasa Rose

isidar_mithram

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:41 am
Maybe, yeah. Just bring a camera! We want to see too! blaugh Or maybe it's a confirmation of the cover, release date..maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be either the epigraph or the first chapter! Imagine that.... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:33 am
Maybe it has something to do with "Hanging by a thread"? It looks kinda thread-y and frayed. I think its safe to asume Bella will probably almost die again.  

Eniaco

A Thousand Painful Memory

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:24 am
Alisox
When I looked at it, I saw ribbon, I didnt even think scarf.

I doubt it has anything to do with the story though. The tulip had nothing to do with New Moon.

EDIT: Doesnt look too good to me either, but it is torn. I can see the fray a little there.
the tulip did have something to do with new moon, rember Edward asked Bella to marry him, flowers wedding, that kinda thing, the apple had something to do with Twilight Edawrd or Bella alwasy would eat an apple, the ribbon has to have something to do with it  
Eclipse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff