Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Questions, Answers, and FAQs
FFVIII Final Boss Music Question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ilikeeating

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:28 am
Does anyone remember the final track from FFVIII? It was a compilation of many songs from square, and included Vincent's theme from VII, as well as the piano anthem from Parasite Eve and the generic battle music from the original FF games. Does anyone know if there are any other songs thrown into the mix as well? Some of them sound really familar, but I just can't put my finger on them.... thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:03 pm
The very last boss battle theme was called "The Extreme"; the themes before that were "The Legendary Beast", "Maybe I'm a Lion", "Premonition".

Some songs sound similar because Nobuo Uematsu likes to reuse some of his original composition; along when he works with other composers on different soundtracks they take samples of his work and he is sometimes not always credited with those soundtracks.

(For example on the Yuna and Tidus Tribute Album "Go Dream / Feel" they used a composition of his music but simply rearranged it with the "Traveling Company" theme and for the Final Fantasy X vocal collections the bonus track called "Feel (remix)" featured the original composition of Feel with the addition of Final Fantasy VIII's "Compression of Time" composition.)

I hope that's answered your question.  

Enetirnel

Questions, Answers, and FAQs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces