Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
How many animals do you have that you got or rescued? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Help stop animal cruelty
  Click here to join me
View Results

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:29 am
Like the title says how many animals have you rescued. Me well I have rescued many animals.

Pets of mine:
Clyde and Bobbie- Kittens rescued from a dumpster
Jasper- cat rescued from a bad home
Saxton- cat rescued from not having a home
Ebony- cat given to my family
Daphney- Our dog she picked us
Fish- We bought

But, I have found and rescued many other pets. Like one time I remebr my friends and I were going throw the woods. Then all of a sudden we heard some little noises. We went looking for what the nosies came from. I found 2 little kittens in a tree. So I climbe the tree and took them home. We kept one but, the oter we gave to a wonderful family. But, this story was the most rememberal one I know because well I was there.

So I want to hear from you how many animals do you have and/or rescued?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:32 am
So I wonder how many pets do you have that you got or rescued?  

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:34 am
Oh and also tell a story that you went thru or heard about helping a pet out  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:47 am
How Bout Dog Saves Girl? mrgreen

• May 13, 2005 | 6:02 p.m. ET

They are calling her “angel baby,” a newborn abandoned in the Lenana forest on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya last week.

The 7 pound 4 ounce baby girl had been placed in a plastic bag and dropped in the woods without nourishment or water. There she lay for perhaps two days, starving, her umbilical cord infected. She must have cried out, but along the busy road that bordered the forest, no one was listening, nobody heard. Well, almost no one.

"I had just reached the Lenana forest," local Stephan Thoya told a Kenya daily paper, "When I heard the sound of a baby crying. I looked closely and I saw a dog carrying a baby wrapped in a black dirty cloth as it crossed the road."

The dog— mixed breed, no name, probably a stray— was likely out foraging for a meal. She'd just given birth to a litter of puppies and they were hungry.

Now, this story could have taken an unfortunate and grisly turn but, remember, we're talking about a dog. These are creatures who have shared our lives for at least 12,000 years. There is a bond.

Was the canine mother moved by the plight of this human infant? Was it just blind instinct? Whatever the case, she carried the little girl back to her own litter, caring for her as best she could. That's where the child was ultimately found: nestled amongst a pile of puppies under the watchful eye of the mother dog. She was taken to a local hospital and is now doing fine.

And the dog? Well, dozens of Kenyans are visiting her home, bringing food and medication. One person has even offered to feed the dog until the day she dies.

However skeptical you may be about the intelligence of non-human animals, it would be hard to argue that, in this case, a dog— and a hungry stray at that— didn't act more responsibly than at least one human.

Shiloh1991

Shiloh1991

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:52 am
blaugh Awesome topic Shelby! I will be checking in to read about rescue stories frequently now 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 am
WOW burning_eyes That was a good story. Oh another animal I saved a rabbit from getting hit by a car. And my mom saved a snappin turtle from traffic. I love saving animals. Come on people why don't you tell more storys  

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:49 am
Come one and all I would love to hear the storys please  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:29 pm
well, my one cat fluffy was a stray that my dad found, so we kept her, but then found out she was pregnant about a week after getting her, so we kept two of them and gave one to a family friend.

just after my great-grandfather died, me, my mom and my grandparents were cleaning out his house, and his neighbor had to move but couldn't take his dog, so we got him

max, my other cat, I got from a garage sale.

and a friend of my grandmother died, and her daughter isn't really a pet person, so we ended up taking her budgies.

then theres birds, rabbits and garder snakes that I've saved from being eaten by my cats as well  

Syrellei

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:53 pm
crazy4hockey
well, my one cat fluffy was a stray that my dad found, so we kept her, but then found out she was pregnant about a week after getting her, so we kept two of them and gave one to a family friend.

just after my great-grandfather died, me, my mom and my grandparents were cleaning out his house, and his neighbor had to move but couldn't take his dog, so we got him

max, my other cat, I got from a garage sale.

and a friend of my grandmother died, and her daughter isn't really a pet person, so we ended up taking her budgies.

then theres birds, rabbits and garder snakes that I've saved from being eaten by my cats as well

wow thats like its ainging cats and dogs. Can I ask hat are budgies? And what kind of person out of their right mind would sell a cat at a garage sale  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:22 pm
A couple of my ferrets were rescued. My big male; he 'didn't fit the lifestyle' of his old owners and they actually paid me to take him. There wasn't many placed the por lad could fit as he was grossly overweight and he was constantly uncomfortable, which didn't do much good for his termperament.
My leucistic male was going to be 'disposed of' because the girl had bought him without permission. He's a real sweety.
My albino male was a reject from a breeder and was going to get tapped on the head or worse. Simply because his colour is not a good seller around here, which is ridiculous because he is absolutely beautiful and has a wonderful cheerful personality.

My family and I used to trap feral kittens, tame and then rehome them. Extremely rewarding to see a starved, parasite ridden kitten become a sleek, friendly housecat. 3nodding

Several years ago I took on a family of 11 rats that were being handed out at a school, unweaned and with barely opened eyes, for people to play with. And then another rat that was going to be euthanised due to aggression. True he wasn't the friendliest of critters, but I did love him a lot.

I have others that I might put up later^^.  

Evedi Etros

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:28 pm
awww nice of you  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:30 pm
ok i have this animals:

70-chickens
36-horses(can't put the names its to any)
2-dogs(blackie, and bixie)
1-bird(shy)
8-guineas
2-turkeys(tom amd tom-tom)
8-quails
1-crab
18-bulls
5-cows
2-tiger cubs(ginger, and mindy but they already realeased to the wild)
2-ostrich(alex and penny
well, thats all i have its not quite enough yet  

sasuke_sakura8

sasuke_sakura8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:33 pm
Shiloh1991
How Bout Dog Saves Girl? mrgreen

• May 13, 2005 | 6:02 p.m. ET

They are calling her “angel baby,” a newborn abandoned in the Lenana forest on the outskirts of Nairobi, Kenya last week.

The 7 pound 4 ounce baby girl had been placed in a plastic bag and dropped in the woods without nourishment or water. There she lay for perhaps two days, starving, her umbilical cord infected. She must have cried out, but along the busy road that bordered the forest, no one was listening, nobody heard. Well, almost no one.

"I had just reached the Lenana forest," local Stephan Thoya told a Kenya daily paper, "When I heard the sound of a baby crying. I looked closely and I saw a dog carrying a baby wrapped in a black dirty cloth as it crossed the road."

The dog— mixed breed, no name, probably a stray— was likely out foraging for a meal. She'd just given birth to a litter of puppies and they were hungry.

Now, this story could have taken an unfortunate and grisly turn but, remember, we're talking about a dog. These are creatures who have shared our lives for at least 12,000 years. There is a bond.

Was the canine mother moved by the plight of this human infant? Was it just blind instinct? Whatever the case, she carried the little girl back to her own litter, caring for her as best she could. That's where the child was ultimately found: nestled amongst a pile of puppies under the watchful eye of the mother dog. She was taken to a local hospital and is now doing fine.

And the dog? Well, dozens of Kenyans are visiting her home, bringing food and medication. One person has even offered to feed the dog until the day she dies.

However skeptical you may be about the intelligence of non-human animals, it would be hard to argue that, in this case, a dog— and a hungry stray at that— didn't act more responsibly than at least one human.
oh my god that's so awesome story poor baby did the dog got reward for saving that baby?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:33 pm
sasuke_sakura8
ok i have this animals:

70-chickens
1-bird(shy)
8-guineas
8-quails
1-crab
18-bulls
5-cows
2-ostrich(alex and penny
do you live on a farm and nooo keep the cubs if they were raised with people they wont be able to figure out how to hunt on there own  

GAlA SlTE ASSISTANT 2

sasuke_sakura8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:41 pm
imshelbygirl2
sasuke_sakura8
ok i have this animals:

70-chickens
1-bird(shy)
8-guineas
8-quails
1-crab
18-bulls
5-cows
2-ostrich(alex and penny
do you live on a farm and nooo keep the cubs if they were raised with people they wont be able to figure out how to hunt on there own
well i have 88 acres, and we raise the cub to hunt since there about 1 month old but there still friendly only on us there like german sheperds except there big cats there like police cat ause one day i ws walking both of them then this guy pulled me and i accidently let go of htem then one of them junp on the guys back so the guy got scared and he just run off  
The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff