Help stop animal cruelty
  Click here to join me
View Results

Animalhugs22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:57 am
Newest rescued wildlife
Abhay
Species: Robin
Personality: Very nippy, and very strong. Will make a fine adult robin when he gets older
Injury: none that is able to be seen with the naked eye. Very active so i dont suspect any internal injuries either
When found: The morning of August 7th 2007
Picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Any advice on successfully raising a robin chick is greatly apreciated  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:00 pm
I have a lot of pets but only two were rescued.

Gomez - cat - gotten from friend who wanted us to cat-sit then never took him back

Thing - cat - saved from building when he was just a kitten

Kiara - cat - gotten from pound

Sally - cat - from same pound as Kiara and supposedly her Mommie

Wednesday - cat - not really sure where we got her cuz we had her b4 i was born

Spike - lizard - pet store

Mr. Hyde - iguana - saved from library and given to my Dad because he was part of this club after his previus iguana died.

Esmay - bird - gotten from airport because she's an exotic parrot. mated with olaf, who died recently crying

Lilo - bird - the only one of Esmay and Olaf's babies that we kept

Atticus - bird - pet store

Drucila - bird - pet store

Marlin - bird - pet store  

greenday28

sasuke_sakura8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:13 pm
hees mine my dogs are all GSDs

Bixie- bought from a breeder
Blackie- bought from a breeder
Destiny- daughter of blackie and bixie
Max- Destiny's older brother
Tiger- Max's and Destiny's older brother
Candy- my paint horse she was bought from a guy
Lightning- Candy's son
jake- my beta fish bought from a pet store
Chickens- ordered from internet
Turkey- bought from first monday
Guineas- bought from internet
fishes- bought from a pet store
Sassy- my kitty rescued after her owner burned her  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:00 pm
i rescued my cats, Simon and Oscar, and i rescued my dog Shadow. i dont quite know the background of my fish. oh well. xd  

itsalwaysbeentoolate

Mairose
Crew

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:29 am
I got quite a few furry-kids...

First of all, domestic/ exotic "pets"...

Eleanore Lenore- Cat I got for my 16th birthday. A car would have been GREAT...People tend to frown when you spend twenty minutes every morning before school sitting on your cat in the driveway saying, "Man, this car is awesome! Gee, THANKS A LOT, MOM!!" Eventually I gave up trying to get the point across to my mother, and Eleanore stopped glaring at me, biting my face, and leaving super-poops in the litter box. She's mostly kind of okay for a sweet 16 gift, even though she doesn't have VW stamped anywhere on her rear. She tolerates a lot of crap from me, and the other wild things in the house, so KUDOS TO YOU ELLIE! heart

Hodge & Podge- I just recently took in two Hedgehogs from a science teacher who was no longer allowed by the school to keep them in her classroom. She was afraid they'd become lonely being left at home all year, so she turned them over to me. They are pretty much the neatest little things in the world, but cuddling them can be a bit difficult at times. I learned the hard way....BUT after going through two boxes of band-aids, and crying like a girl for an hour, I finally got them to let me handle them! I can't wait to get some pictures of them. 3nodding

The Sugar Gliders - We take in unwanted sugar gliders, and even though we try to rehome them, sometimes they never quite make it out of here. So far we have about 12 that have been here so long, we consider them a part of the family now! They are quite a wonderful bunch! Watching them play together is always entertaining. =]

Last, but not least...

heart Panda Bear heart

Panda Bear is a raccoon that we rescued last October, and it is a true miracle that she has survived this long. Panda was found when she was about a week old, and she had been attacked by a cat. The attack left her with a scar on her nose and a hole in her left ear. On top of that, we soon discovered that she was full of parasites. We spent weeks removing them from her using some pretty...gruesome...methods. But, we managed to save her life, and she fought the whole time.

Unfortunately, when Panda turned four months old, she began to have small seizures. Her growth stopped at that point, and even though she is now almost a year old, she is still the size of a four-month-old baby raccoon. Her arms and legs are far too short; Her front legs do not even reach her mouth, and she has trouble eating. I usually have to hand feed her several times a day, and give her water from a syringe. We took her to get a checkup when her problems first started and our vet determined that she suffers from neurological damage and brain damage. Her ankles have fused and her feet grew at an odd angle, making it difficult for her to get around. Because of these problems, Panda will never be released.

She lives a comfortable life sleeping in a pile of sarongs, art supplies, and feathers. She gets fresh food from the Ryan's buffet four times a week. She has her own closet full of the cutest dog clothes you can find for $5. Panda is a pretty happy little chick. heart

From this photo you can see how strange he back foot is, the short length of her arms, and her unfluffed tail. Since the photo was taken in February, her tail has FINALLY grown out. It's beautiful, and she's very proud of it. 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:40 pm
Just our cats were adopted. My first dog was adopted, he was on the chopping block when we adopted him  

Rainey_angel81

XxXii_RaWr_LufFz_iiXxX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:05 pm
OHHH! i adopted my 2 cats, they were going to be put to sleep that day, but we rescued them :] and my doggy i found him in the back yard so i rescued him there tooo :]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:51 am
2 cats both from the pound
1 dog found him as a pup in the paper. his parents had an accidental litter
1 dog found in the median of the highway. he's super sweet!!

1 raccoon cut out of my apartment wall when he fell down and his mom couldn't pull him back up. we kept him for about 2 weeks until i was sure he was well nurished. he's was really inactive and dehydrated when we found him!! he was taken to a rehibilitator who set him with other coon kits his age and released him with his "family" into the wild when they were old enough smile  

calvinhobbes81

lonewolfjc11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:12 am
I rescued three cats.
Shadow- I found him on the streets. At first, I gave him bread then he began to follow me and so, I ended up adopting him. biggrin He usually roams around the streets but one sad and fateful day he suddenly became weaker then all of a sudden died! crying I found out our neighbor who hates cats poisoned him... GRR!
Orange- My VERY FIRST pet! I got her when I was three. She was a cat that just entered our house one day. I began feeding her bread and soon she became tame enough for me to pet her. I had her for two years! I really loved that cat... But then my mom became pregnant and the doctor said it was bad for pregnat women to have cats around... So, I had to give her up... crying
Milky- I rescued him a few months ago. I saw our neighbor's employee ('Coz our neighbor has a building service) beating up the kitten with a solid granite block!!! eek So, I rescued the poor kitten who ran over to our roof. Since the crazy guy hated the cat so much he started pelting the thing with stones! And in the commotion... I GOT HIT AS WELL!!! CRAZY!!! I had a hard time catching the kitten... It was WILD!!! Anyway, I was able to take care of it for a while, until my parents found out about it... Thanks to my brothers... stare My parents don't want me to keep a cat since I had over 15 dogs during that time... XD So they made me choose over the cat or the dogs... I choose the dogs. But If I had I choice, I'd choose both. Hee hee... But I guess that cat is ok. It's big and well taken care of now. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:39 pm
Pets I have:
--Tessa, my cat.
--Flower, my rabbit.
--Floppy Bunny, my sisters rabbit.

We used to have a lizard, Eddy, but we got rid of him.  

Fudge Sprinkled Cupcakes

Her Royal Bossness

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:45 pm
:: Deep Breath ::

Cats:
Cowgirl - 2 yr Tabby/White/Orange Female
Miss Kitty & Po Girl - 9m old Sisters both Black Females

Kittens:
Bri - 1m old Tabby/White/Orange Female
Houston (Name Pending) - 1m old Black/White Male (Cowgirl's Only Baby)

Horses:
Maximus (aka) Maximum Ride - 4 yr Black Tennessee Walking Horse
Gelding
Rain (aka) Rainy Day Handy Girl - 6 yr Grulla Quarter Horse Mare
Itchiban (Name Changing Soon) - 3 yr Buckskin Quarter Horse Stud

Bunnies:
(Choosing Names) Two Female Baby Bunnies,
One Siamese Colored, and one Black/White.

Dogs:
Shaylie Anne - 4 yr Red Chocolate Lab/Red Tick Hound Female
Finlay Fullington - 3 yr Black/White/Blue Spotted Black Lab/Blue Tick Hound Stud Pup
Frankie - 7m Black/White American Bulldog/Pitbull Stud Pup
and
Bud (Name Changing Soon) - Unknown Age Chihuahua/Australian Dingo Black/Brown Male

For those of you who say how do I have time for them all, I work it in!
xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm
My 2 year old appaloosa filly, I got her when she was 8 months old, all scared up. She was abused by the other horses there, and she was an orphan. Her owner didn't want her and didn't want to send her to the auction, so I called her up and got the horse.
My goat, the previous owner was going to kill him because he kept getting on top of their brand new truck and scrathing it up.
One of my cats- just showed up on Halloween so we kept her, after we asked the neighbors.
Another cat- stuck up in a tree as a kitten helped him down.
7 Chickens- science expirement that the school didn't want.
Calf- from a dairy farm, chance of being killed.

My other pets- 2 other cats, 4 guinea pigs, 3 dogs (2 of which are lab puppies), 4 fish.  

nat_natey

The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces