Reply 1: Marketplace Hangout
The decline of 06/07 items and the stress of trying to sell

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T3h King of all fairies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:48 am
I've noticed lately that after November the quality of the donation items are low and just looked like they were rushed. Also it seems Gaia is using the petitions as the ideas for the new items. I personally think they are making a mistake but maybe it's just me.I also want to state that it is hard to sell some of the 06 items and mostly the 07's.

Discuss

The rise of rushed MC's
The possibility of the petitions having a negative effect on other MC's/
The increasing difficulty to sell most 06 items and 07's  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:56 am
It may have more to do with the rarity of the items.........right now there are considerably more people on than ever before, and they all have an item, whereas before, there is a very limited number of older items. It's too early to judge what will be valuable, I think you may need to wait a couple of years, and if the site keeps growing, then supply and demand will take care of the prices.  

wikkid warlock

cutiesakurachan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:26 am
The quality of the donation items has indeed decreased. Only time will tell if they recover from their current prices. But right now, too many of them in circulation to inflate the prices and there are just some items that are too darn ugly to be indemand n_n;

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:35 am
lol yeah ugliness xd

although personally i do like the mythic hair, and will buy one when the prices are at their lowest xp  

yoshizuki-chan

Bubble Dreams

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:56 am
I noticed too that most '06 and '07 donation items are hard to sell.

At first, they're usually in the Marketplace for between 13,000g and 22,000g (from what I've observed) but they usually go down to between 8,000g and 10,000 g. gonk Sometimes even lower, like the Mini UFO!

I guess it's good for people who just want the items and don't care about profit, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. stressed

For example, I bought a Momo the Monkey, a Mini UFO, and an ORLY hoping to make some sweet profits in a short period of time, but all I did was LOSE money in the process. I'll have to wait longer to sell, and all for items I rarely even use. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:09 am
yoshizuki-chan
lol yeah ugliness xd

although personally i do like the mythic hair, and will buy one when the prices are at their lowest xp
I like the Falcon. It just doesn't really go with most things. Same with the celestial thing, but I don't really like that one. It's just its own thing.

Well they put the petitions there for a reason. No one would make petitions if none of them ever became reality. As for rushed... I just think they have different people making the items who probably do rush it, but just have a different style of making them. I just hope they don't rush these things and have their quality lowered because of it and then wonder why they didn't have enough money in November 06, and most likely Janurary 07.  

GinoLeTV

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 am
what from i've seen, none of the petitions ever came true
but even if people know it's hopeless, they are still going to try confused  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:18 am
Then you haven't seen much. I saw several petitions for a sword (Now the Katana - Very similar design) and 1 for the LOZ Navi fairy (Now the Pixie).

And I barely spend time in the petitions...  

GinoLeTV

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:15 pm
it's true....i usually don't go to the forums nowadays blaugh

but i was thinking more of the outrageous ones, like pregnant, bald, inuyasha, etc lol  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:07 am
yoshizuki-chan
it's true....i usually don't go to the forums nowadays blaugh

but i was thinking more of the outrageous ones, like pregnant, bald, inuyasha, etc lol

Those are too ridiculous to ever come true... At least I hope they won't xd

Ric_PT

yoshizuki-chan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:24 pm
lol yeah! pregnant? wth lol rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:33 pm
Like people have been saying, they may gain value in a few years, but there are too many in circulation right now for them to gain value. It just depends on how much Gaia expands, how many new members join, and how many MC's fall out of circulation.  

Rhireiah

Twiganut

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:36 pm
the admins and mod have also really been distracted with the "plot" and all the recent manga updates... until recently they were REALLY caught up in it so that mght have lead to the "rushed" feeling you all get from the collectables ... *ps PIXIE ROX! <3*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:26 pm
GinoLeTV
I like the Falcon. It just doesn't really go with most things. Same with the celestial thing, but I don't really like that one. It's just its own thing.

I think that's one of the main problems with the most recent MCs...they don't go with anything. The most popular items can be used with a wide variety of avatars, and while some of the recent ones are kind of pretty, you have to build your avatar around them, rather than use them to enhance avatars you already have. This decreases the breadth of their appeal, and while I think over time they'll probably rise, I don't think any of them are going to go meteoric like Kiki (which, because of its simplicity and color goes with many, many avatars).

My gut feeling is that the more recent MCs are artists showing off their skills rather than trying to make something that will appeal to a wide audience.

Still, I think of the lot of them the falcon has among the most potential because the blue color of the blue forms matches the blues used in a number of other items. Unlike the mini UFO which pretty much matches nothing.  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

m o k k i

6,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:30 pm
They are definitely trying to follow petitions and stuff.
I think basically they just have too many ideas running around and they're trying to incorporate too many ideas into each monthly collectible.
They said that the artists talk about their ideas and they all have different ideas, so they put them all in.
I think maybe they should focus more on having one really good idea, and not just lots of ways to wear each item.
I mean, the ideas may seem good at the time, but a lot of the newer items are hard to work with.
Anyway, I think they'll probably go up in price since that's what all of the donation items do, but probably not as quickly as some of the more popular items like the Kikis.
And on the issue of matching items and stuff, I think they are actually trying to make things match better.
I've noticed that in the past few hairstyle updates, the colors on all the different hairs have been the same.
Unfortunately, they aren't very nice colors, and they're kind of hard to match with the clothes.
D;  
1: Marketplace Hangout

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff