Reply The Animal Lovers Guild
squashing bugs and spiders? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

br00tulz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:19 pm
The other day (you may want to know that i DO NOT like spiders one crawled under my desk, and in shock i just squished it. Then some girl got all mad that i squashed a living thing and i was going to hell or something. I dont see whats so cruel about it. I try to make an effort not to but i cant help it some times.so whats your opinion?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 pm
Most of the times I'll pick up/catch the bug and carry it outside (or gently toss it out the window xp ) But on ocassion I'll be really pissed off, and a fly buzzing in my ear will push my buttons in the wrong way and SPLAT! I can be mean. But usuallly, no. I don't squish 'em, 'cause I feel awful when I look at them twitching and stuff, so . . . . neutral Let them be FREE!!! But if it's winter time . . . never really figured out a humane solution to that 'un.  

scandinavian_stew

`Becca`

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:34 am
neutral I don't kill them intentionally. sweatdrop I bet I have stepped on some outside or something but I would never just kill one out of fear or annoyance.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:19 am
I hate spiders!!! Aili knows that. If I see a spider, unless it's a daddy long-legs, I will kill it. I don't care. I hate spiders. I can't stand knowing that it's in my presence. I will be too scared to sleep at night, fearing it will come in the bed. gonk  

Jazi Mae

SilverLake

Invisible Citizen

9,800 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:00 pm
Well I think that sometimes it's alright to kill them. Killing them is part of a cycle, besides there are thousands of eggs that hatch anyway. As it is it's better to kill them in one hit then have them die in pain from someone who pulls their wings or legs off.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:27 am
I don't kill them ift hey are there...
I like to watch them for awhile, especially when they're on me...If I feel it's in-danger or wants to go, I take it out side.

Milkshake-in-a-Cup

~Spirit of Dragons~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 pm
I don't kill spiders. My mom once fired a guy who had come to repaint our house, because she was telling him about how we don't kill spiders, and he saw a spider crawling on the floor so he stepped on it as my mom was telling him this.

She totally exploded and threw him out and complained to the company. I totally agree with her.

The only animal I kill are mosquitoes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:21 pm
~Spirit of Dragons~
I don't kill spiders. My mom once fired a guy who had come to repaint our house, because she was telling him about how we don't kill spiders, and he saw a spider crawling on the floor so he stepped on it as my mom was telling him this.

She totally exploded and threw him out and complained to the company. I totally agree with her.

The only animal I kill are mosquitoes.

Go Mommy!! lol yeah the only animals I kill are mosquitoes and roaches. I don't like to spray them, because that way they don't die quickly enough. More often than not they suffer. And yes I know I'm very strange for not wanting an insect to die a horrible painful death but... yeah. Whatever. I just step on them. Crunch. Yum. Don't you just love watching the white gooey stuff- I really need to stop talking. lol Farewell. ~Tr!nity~  

XxMalice in WonderlandxX

[twinkie]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:34 pm
i squish them. O_o  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:56 pm
I normally don't kill them. But spiders..*SHUDDERS*. I'm scared of them. I freak out x.X And make my mom put it outside. ninja Oh. And mosquitoes and ticks. :3  

x-Riot Girl-x

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:40 pm
I don't kill spiders anymore. I kind of used to, then I killed a big one for no reason and had a guilt trip. I wouldn't' appreciate it if someone squashed me just because they thought I was ugly or something. Might as well act the same. Besides, my room's basically an attic. If I freaked out every time I saw a spider, I'd probably never get sleep. I usually just usher any of them I find outside. Or, if it's just a small one, I usually just let it pass and don't care. I read somewhere that, no matter where you are in the world, you usually are not more than ten feet from a spider.

The only bugs I have little morose about are ticks, mosquitos, and some flies.

Most flies, I prefer just to shoo, but there are very large ones at the horse barn I go to in the summer that you have to kill. They bite just about any animal out there - horses, people, etc. I was bitten by a horsefly once on the calf of my leg - not pleasant! My leg went numb, then it felt like it was on fire. I fell over in the middle of the barn aisle from it. Turns out that horseflies don't bite - they take a bite. I had a little raw circle of missing skin from where it had bitten. Even the small ones you sometimes have to kill, when they begin biting the horses in the summer. Horses get upset, and some even have allergic reactions.

Mosquitos carry West Nile virus, malaria, and just about anything else. They're a major problem. With the many diseases they carry, they're responsible for more human death in the world than any other animal.

Ticks carry Lyme disease among other things, and they really don't do anything good. At least flies help by breaking down dead carcasses so we're not waist-deep in them. And ticks are very difficult to kill. Ones that haven't sucked blood yet are completely flat. You can't even step on them. I've seen people have to take two pebbles and crush them between them, and that's about the best you can hope to do. Once they do get blood, they literally bury their heads in the host animal (LITERALLY), and they sometimes get so swollen with blood that they can't even unbury themselves. It happened with a couple of our dogs once. D= I don't like ticks at all.

So, generally speaking, I try to be nice. Animals I don't like, I try to avoid, but I will kill something like a fly or mosquito if it's biting at me or the animals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:31 am
If they are venomous or otherwise dangerous [such as a vector of disease, such as mosquitos]I kill them on sight [not going to risk my pets or my own safety]. I do not torture them or prolong their end.
If they are not dangerous, such as huntman, wolf or daddy long legs then they are welcome to stay. I love big fuzzy spiders.^^  

Evedi Etros

priae

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:32 am
Jazi Mae
I hate spiders!!! Aili knows that. If I see a spider, unless it's a daddy long-legs, I will kill it. I don't care. I hate spiders. I can't stand knowing that it's in my presence. I will be too scared to sleep at night, fearing it will come in the bed. gonk

Agree...  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:36 am
I don't kill spiders, but I do squish bugs. Spiders are cool, but bugs are disgusting.  

Catheri

The Animal Lovers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces