Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Mahou Sensei Negima Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to discuss and interact with gaians who love the Mahou Sensei Negima series by Ken Akamatsu. 

Tags: Mahou, Negima, Mahora, Setsuna, Akamatsu 

Reply The Mahou Sensei Negima Guild
Concening the Anime re-make (Negima?!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remake? yes, no, maybe so?
  i love it!
  what? there was a remake? *turns into Osaka*
  ....what is wrong with you? OF COURSE I DON'T LIKE IT YOU STUPID FREAK!
  i like clicking the random buttons that say things like waffles!
View Results

Asakura-sama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:57 pm
Any thoughts?
I personally don't...well can't like it really
its just to....different you know?

Discuss your thoughts and ranting is encouraged  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:13 pm
If you're talking about Negima!?, then I'd have to say that I personally hated it. The reason why I hate it so much is because of how they ruined Makie (who happens to be my favorite character.) That "failure for life" bit made the show completely unbearable to watch. And I also hated how they roomed her with Ayaka. Not to mention the green eyes didn't go good with her either (sorry if I'm offending anyone.) I would give Negima!? 1 out of 5. And is that series over with yet?  

Undead Youthfulness

syoran li

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:29 am
IS FUNNY rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:39 pm
I kinda like Negima!? better because the story has more of a plot now, it used to be just a jumbled up life of high school girls, and a sad little bit of drama and fighting squished into it. But now it's more on plot and straight forward, so yeah.  

GlindaAlpha

drummergal_03

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:46 am
hmm well... the original series, in my opinion, is better.. i mean it's better that the remade one because it's more complete.. but if you judge upon the drawing, animation whatsoever.. the remade one is better.. the drawings are enhanced and more emphasized..^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:18 am
I liked the original just fine! The change is completely unnecessary. stressed

I understand they're re-writing it to better sell to America because of our STRINGENT FCC guidelines and their outlook on delightful things like Fanservice, Harem comedy, and the potential to show skin on girls of ambiguous ages, but COME ON!

1) It's a friggin' cartoon!
2) They have tighter language constraints than prime time TV
3) I've seen more risque comedy in Looney Tunes reruns
4) Did I mention it's a FRIGGIN CARTOON! burning_eyes

They did this with Tenchi Muyo. The OVA came out, and then they did a rewrite in the forms of Tenchi Universe and its sequel, Tenchi in Tokyo. They had to wait nearly two decades to release the 3rd series of the OVA in the US, and by then about 99% of the original voice talent was either dead or moved on.

Disgusting.  

Professor Armitage

Lupine Gearhead

11,450 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Undead Youthfulness

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:25 pm
And did Negima!? really have to be a rip off of Pani Poni Dash?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:34 pm
BenOni the White
I liked the original just fine! The change is completely unnecessary. stressed

I understand they're re-writing it to better sell to America because of our STRINGENT FCC guidelines and their outlook on delightful things like Fanservice, Harem comedy, and the potential to show skin on girls of ambiguous ages, but COME ON!

Say what? Have you watched both series? If so, how can you possibly think completely changing the series just to edit out a little (badly done) fanservice is what happened? And it's not like either version of the show would make it to any non-exclusively anime channel, so it has nothing to do with the American audience or FCC.  

Dorcas_Aurelia
Vice Captain

Helly_k4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:50 am
I liked both of the series but i thought Negima!? was a bit more funy, it made me laugh more. Negima! was a tad more serious. but i like both of them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:44 pm
i liked em both but i dont think the remake one should really be conciterd negima tho....i mean its to difrent even to be called a remake.....i like it but im having a hard time accepting thats its still negima tho.....  

Poly Pen

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

negimafan567

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:31 am
i just wonder why they made asuna retarded and make her hair express her emotions and stuff thats stupid but negima! is still kind of cool cant find any more season2 negima though  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:44 pm
Well, i personally enjoyed the animation better then the first season. Also, i'm really looking forward till Negima!? is in English.  

KonoSetsuna
Crew

Poly Pen

7,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:06 am
any one no when its spouse to be coming out?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:13 am
i like both altho i havent read alot  

Gobleybop

sybilus

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:06 pm
Izumi Ako-chan
And did Negima!? really have to be a rip off of Pani Poni Dash?

Let's put it this way. Motsu and Shimichi are both characters that appeared in Pani Poni Dash, because they're made by the same anime company. The same thing goes with an anime called Himawari Sketch. Motsu also managed to fit itself into that anime. Well, let's call it the company's obsession over those two characters... I guess...?

Anyway, I like Negima!? and Negima! both. Let's say, Negima!? provides more fun stuff to laugh at, better graphics, and a more pleasant view, when Negima! is much more original. Let's say Negima!? is more like a spin off than a sequel.  
The Mahou Sensei Negima Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff