Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Doctor Who Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love the Doctor?
  Of course!
  EXTERMINATE!!!
View Results

Koravin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:55 pm
Other Whovians? Come on, let us nerd. I am sleepy now, but I must see other whovians. Rant about the Doctor's amazingness, rant! #4 is my favorite, but 9 and 10 come pretty close.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:51 pm
I'm with you there...#4 definitely outdoes all the rest. The classic doctor was pretty amazing too, but the fourth? Can't really beat him with a stick.

I also really like the 10th, mainly for his facial expressions. So odd... mrgreen  

uberpimp gendou

Alichino_Dreams

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:13 am
I love Doctor Who, but I've only watched the 9th Doctor and part of 10. I'm currently trying to bribe my friend into letting me borrow a few of the older episodes that she has recorded.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:20 pm
Of course!! Just look at my avi and siggy!

I`m collecting as many DVDs as I can get. So far, I have the first Doctor initial set (3 adventures, including the debut of the Daleks!) and a couple other adventures, and one of the 4th Doctor (more should arrive any day now...).

Love it! Especially how he can go from one mind state to another in the middle of a rant (9th Doctor)  

Lexarius

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:08 am
I don't really get to see Doctor Who all that often. I didn't even know that there were more than one! Shows how much I know. redface wink  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:52 pm
[Sapphira]
I don't really get to see Doctor Who all that often. I didn't even know that there were more than one! Shows how much I know. redface wink

Nothing to be ashamed of.

3nodding

Technically, it`s still the same character. However, the show has been around for a long time, so the actors who play the character can`t be around forever, hence the death and Regeneration of the Doctor into a new one, with a different actor each time.

I started watching the Forth Doctor, Tom Baker when I was a kid, and lost track of the show until the Ninth Doctor was in. I have bought DVDs of the First and Fourth Doctors, and plan on owning the whole series (or at least, as complete a set as possible...)  

Lexarius

HippieHallie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:09 am
I started watching with David Tennant and caught up on Nine, but I wanna see the old ones! Dr Who is so cool! (And on this Saturday!)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:39 pm
HippieHallie
I started watching with David Tennant and caught up on Nine, but I wanna see the old ones! Dr Who is so cool! (And on this Saturday!)

You have a lot of Who to catch up... (So do I...)

Look for the first set, it contains three complete adventures and it`s quite a trip! (just don`t ask too much of the SFX...)  

Lexarius

SupremeMasterJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:38 am
DOCTOR WHOOOO
HEY!
DOCTOR WHO...

Tom Baker was the best in my opinion.
Pertwee was pretty good too. Though after Tom Baker regenerated it started to go down hill...
...until it returned. Chris Eclston was ok, but David Tennant is like a new Tom Baker! He's brilliant! Very funny, slightly mad, but can be serious when needed, just as the Doctor should be.

Hehe. Yeah, and the Daleks are ok, but the Cybermen are much more fun. They're my favourite "baddy" so far.

Though, I hope the Master returns. He was SOOO evil and cool. And he never actually died (except in the crappy TV movie... mutter mutter... American TV movie... mutter mutter...) and even then, they could always bring him back some how. I mean, all the Daleks were wiped out but some survived. They just keep coming back...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:04 am
I'm am going to be so DEPRESSED when the time comes for the 13th Doctor to die. Seriously. My favorite has always been 8. The movie came out on my birthday when I turned 7 and I went to watch it and fell in love with it. Then I started listening to the Big Finish Audios with him and reading the EDAs. I've even got my son hooked on the show. I made him watch the 1st Doctor first though. He's watched every episode from Doctors 1-3 and we're halfway through 4. I love the old series, but the new one is very good. And lets be honest, who DOESN'T want to see David Tennant jumping around like a toddler on a sugar high?  

Gimonavid

Koravin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:16 pm
I also hope the Master returns. He was great. I like the way the new cybermen look, but I miss the laser from the head. My psychotic (literally) friend doesn't seem to understand the terror that daleks are. She finds them cute. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:09 pm
Koravin
I also hope the Master returns. He was great. I like the way the new cybermen look, but I miss the laser from the head. My psychotic (literally) friend doesn't seem to understand the terror that daleks are. She finds them cute. burning_eyes

Of course she does...

They are killer pepperpots!! (no need to flame, I do appreciate the terror of Daleks!)  

Lexarius

Koravin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:03 pm
Lexarius
Koravin

Of course she does...

They are killer pepperpots!! (no need to flame, I do appreciate the terror of Daleks!)
She just laughed when she saw the oldest ones, you know, the ones that look like they're actually made of rubbish bins. I admit, they look silly, but they are scary. I love the way they talk.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:59 pm
Koravin
She just laughed when she saw the oldest ones, you know, the ones that look like they're actually made of rubbish bins. I admit, they look silly, but they are scary. I love the way they talk.

I must admit that I find them in that gray area between funny and scary. I only saw my first dalek in the new series (only got a few eps of the 4th Doctor when I was a kid, and until the new series I lost the track completely!), but I`ve been buying old eps in DVD to get up to date.  

Lexarius

silverspun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:57 pm
i love to watch doctor who, though i am not informed enough to know all the actors names who played him during the times.
did you think the newer version of doctor who (the one in which billie piper played rose) did justice to the series or what?
either way i can watch any version, doctor who is awesome.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games