Combo ideas?
Please share.
3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:21 pm
Mana Echoes + Sliverqueen + Psyonic Sliver...........you do the math wink  

Tanis Larnet

Dragonsoulj

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:14 pm
Combos can help you win, but they don't win the game. Normally, the only way to stop a combo is to use another combo. Try using a deck that makes counters (creature tokens and such) and then sacrifice/use them for other effects.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:10 pm
i here by prove your statement WRONG. I currently run a combo that involves Worldgorger Dragon, Ambassador Laquatos, Burried Alive, (animate dead and like spells). Its whole purpose is to make an arbetraily large amount of manna (curse wizards for saying there is no infanite mana) And then using Laquatos to mill everyone's library for another arbitrairly large number.  

Tanis Larnet

hellsnow

Dapper Genius

5,200 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:53 pm
any cards that destroy monsters on the feild, but doesn't do damge(many of these)+any creature with haste+exoskeleton= super powerful monster  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:04 am
Phage The Untouchable + Lightning Greaves + 4 Dark Ritual = turn 1 winzor!

Dragon Boots

Dragon Boots

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:05 am
Tanis Larnet
i here by prove your statement WRONG. I currently run a combo that involves Worldgorger Dragon, Ambassador Laquatos, Burried Alive, (animate dead and like spells). Its whole purpose is to make an arbetraily large amount of manna (curse wizards for saying there is no infanite mana) And then using Laquatos to mill everyone's library for another arbitrairly large number.
They say that, then go ahead and print Mox Lotus...
Tsk-tsk...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:46 am
Force of Nature is just fun with Spirit Link and/or Armadillo Cloak. My old Force deck (before I owned 4 Spirit Links and before Armadillo Cloak came out) had CoP:Green and Hurricane. Power up the CoP in upkeep phase for the Force of Nature, and use it again when the wind blows! As long as you get a small edge in life points, it's all over.

Another gimmick deck of mine has Arena and Sengir Vampire. Triangle of War is a crappy alternative. Feed the opponent's creatures to the Vampire for pest control. Use Baron Sengir to regenerate him if the other guy does something unexpected, *or* if the other creature needs a lightning bolt to finish the job (anything, just to pump up the Sengir Vampire). Keep a Darkness (black Fog, from Legends I think), so your tapped Vampires don't leave you vulnerable.

Safe Haven is fun with Ball Lightning. Whomp the other guy twice with the same Ball! twisted  

every1lafs

every1lafs

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:54 am
I tried to get Fallen Angel/Enduring Renewal/Ornithopter to produce a loop. Sacrifice the Ornithopter to Fallen Angel, and she pumps up. Enduring Renewal puts the Ornithopter back in your hand instead of the graveyard. Zero casting cost means you can do it over & over & over... But by the time you have enough black & white mana out, you could actually do some real damage with the *other* cards in your deck!

Another half-a** idea I tried was a deck with Living Lands, Ashnod's Altar, and any red-plus-x direct damage (Disintegrate, Fireball, Lava Burst...). Attack with all your forests, throw the survivors onto the Altar for lotsa mana, and hose the other guy with a huge sorcery. Nice idea, but by the time you're ready to whack him, it's already too late. Ah, well...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:59 pm
I'm a fan of the unnecessarily expensive Bringer of the White Dawn/Mindslaver combo.  

Mooby the Golden Sock

okdud12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:02 pm
izzit
wee dragonoats(spelling?)
psycotic fury
shock
and skizmotivate(again spelling?)
turn 5 they just got pwned by izzit

then of course if all else fails niv mizzit combo

or the ever famous guild mage combo- thats not type 2  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:47 pm
Cards that have synergy arent combos. A combo would be something like equilibrium + gilded drake. It becomes (2)(U) gain control of a creature. This is a combo because you can repeat it over and over. Playing spells with wee dragonauts in play isnt a combo..  

MrCoo1

Wavefury

Dapper Bloodsucker

3,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:40 pm
Iname death aspect + Iname Life aspect + kodama of center tree + kodama of south tree + long forgotten gohei x2

I use this combo with my green/black spirit deck and it kicks a** every time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:34 pm
wavefury
Iname death aspect + Iname Life aspect + kodama of center tree + kodama of south tree + long forgotten gohei x2

I use this combo with my green/black spirit deck and it kicks a** every time.

This isnt a combo.. rolleyes
I have another combo whee
Treacherous Link + Pariah on their creature.
All damage dealt to you is dealt to them instead. xd  

MrCoo1

Zeddicuus

8,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:03 am
A fun little combo I liked involves Megrim, Pain Magnification, Anthem of Rakdos, Standstill (or two) and a burn card.

Get the enchantments into play. Get down to a few cards. Play standstill, then play another one so all opponents draw some cards. Then play a burn spell as your last card, like Flamebreak. Since you played another spell, all opponents draw more cards again.

You hit Hellbent, so the burn card deals double damage to everything and everyone. Since your opponents took 3 damage or more from a single source, they must discard a card. They then take 4 damage from Megrim, thus triggering Pain Magnification all over again. Which triggers Megrim, which triggers Pain Magnification...you get the idea?

With mana acceleration, I've managed to do this at a five player game by turn four and it wiped the board with how it all fit together. I thought it was pretty funny.  
64: Magic: The Gathering - W/U/B/R/G - Allied Color Pairs Not Required

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff