Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)
Why... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffs

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:25 pm
Why does there have to be so many FFVII fanboys?
They're just fueling the fire for Square to release crappy sequels, and remakes.
I mean, I love FF7.
It's awesome.
But why must you be obsessed with it?!
Just answer me this simple question.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:47 pm
Its FF7's unique mechanical sci-fi theme, and plus, it was the birth of a new generation of Final Fantasy games. Its also, for alot of people, the FIRST Final Fantasy they ever played.  

Kapwned

Jebus9000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:56 pm
yep, she got it, and its good that it fuels more sequels, i want that re-make of FF7 with the new graphics to come out in america, its gonna rule  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:28 pm
Seriously though, FF8 surpasses FF7 in almost every way.
Except for maybe weapon numbers.
There's only a couple in FF8.
Why aren't there any Squall/FF8 fanboys?  

Muffs

Noob

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:53 pm
Muffs

I kind of like VIII more too, just the feel of it, but to be honest, VII probably is a "better" game, if you want to analyze the plot, battle system, innovative-ness... Mostly, though, It's an opinion... I don't blame people for being fanboys/girls (I just blame them if they're annoying about it).  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:00 am
Muffs

the only thing i liked about 8 is the gunblade and squall, otherwise it was just a cheesy attempt at trying to surpass 7, the junctioning was lame, the drawing and casting thing was kinda cool, but the materia thing was better. And the overall fact that FFVII was a dawning of a new generation of rpgs. Without FF7, rpgs would be nothing. Plus the storyline of FFVII was amzing, the fact that it went deeper than if you just played the game, like the hidden scene about zach and vincents story, and everything in FF7 the last order.  

Jebus9000

Kapwned

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:29 am
I say its opinion. No matter how people look at it, FF7 is more epic than FF8, just naturally, not just out of opinion. My favorite is 9, but thats because its different from 8 and 7.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:20 pm
Muffs

i'm a FFVIII fan Zell was the bomb  

Leo Lionheart333

3,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

AydenCross

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:35 pm
See, now that's a matter of opinion... If you like 8 more, that's your thing. 7 was a revolution, so it's bound to be more hyped up.

If you're a true fan, it shouldn't matter if other people like it too, just as long as you do.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:42 pm
i prefer ffx, then again i never played ffvii. advent children was cool though  

meitianairen

Gracious Cutie-Pie

8,400 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:50 am
(I warn you... this post has spoilers of FF7, FF9, and FFX)

FFVII has an immense following because of large number of things. It's one of my favorites because though the gameplay is simple and user-friendly, the storyline is a complex, multi-faceted plot with more twists and turns than most other FFs while not having any plot holes. It's the most prestigious of the FFs simply because it has more dynamic plot elements than any of the other titles. While FF8 does have a main storyline as well as a love side-story between he and Rinoa, it doesn't have anything like Cloud's struggle with his mind to find out the truth of what he really is. Other FFs do have similar plot devices, Zidane has a time in the storyline where he has to come to terms with being created as a weapon of mass-destruction by Garland; as well as Tidus having to learn that his entire life was simply a dream of the faith and thus he truly did not exist at all. While these pieces of the story were large, and very much a main part of the game, they were not addressed dramatically enough to cause an impact in the player's mind like FF7 did. Instead of facing it in a dramatic climax after the near death of the main character, all the facts being set straight at once moving along as an enormous denial being brought to light, the other games instead feed you small amounts of information piece by piece, giving the secrets of the storyline away and thus lessening the impact of the storyline. That is why I think FF7 has more of a following than any of the other games. While people probably had no idea they were being controlled to react to plot-lines in such a way, it does effectively work to create a massive fan base if it can be utilized perfectly.

Ok well... I think I've lectured about game design and theory long enough. And in case any of you were wondering... These are the kinds of things you learn to look at when you're a 3rd year game design major in college.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:46 am
Eh.. They're bound to get dissected at some point. My friends and I discuss this stuff all the time.

We're in similar majors. I'm an animation major, and my roommate is in interactive media design.  

AydenCross

shinigamijusan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:31 am
Its pure and simple why FF7 receives the most attention.

1) It was the first FF on the new platform and it brought '3-D' Game play

2) The Story was simply put amazing, everyone that played it got choked up with Sephiroth killed Aerith. Everyone cheered on Cloud and Barret. Everyone wanted to unlock Vincent.

3) FF7 had replay-ability. The first time you went through did you find and beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon? Did you Get the Black Chocobos? Did you win Omni-Slash? Did you Get Knights of the Round Table?

4) Sephiroth was Iconic! I mean he had his own theme music, as villian!!!

5) The characters were so deep that it was easy for you to find your favorite and relate to them, and become part of the story. Me I was/am a huge Red XIII fan. Thats my boy!!! Tons loved Vincent, Other Yuffie. Tifa Huge fan base.

All in All not only did it change RPG's but it gave you a story you could feel like you were a part of, and it set the tone for RPG's to come and became the bench mark for others to follow.

Just like Chrono Trigger opened the path for Multi-Endings. FF7 openned the way for fighting systems, character development, and full length stories.

On a personal note I never liked FF8 I actually had to force myself to play it through.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:07 pm
shinigamijusan
Its pure and simple why FF7 receives the most attention.

1) It was the first FF on the new platform and it brought '3-D' Game play

2) The Story was simply put amazing, everyone that played it got choked up with Sephiroth killed Aerith. Everyone cheered on Cloud and Barret. Everyone wanted to unlock Vincent.

3) FF7 had replay-ability. The first time you went through did you find and beat Emerald and Ruby Weapon? Did you Get the Black Chocobos? Did you win Omni-Slash? Did you Get Knights of the Round Table?

4) Sephiroth was Iconic! I mean he had his own theme music, as villian!!!

5) The characters were so deep that it was easy for you to find your favorite and relate to them, and become part of the story. Me I was/am a huge Red XIII fan. Thats my boy!!! Tons loved Vincent, Other Yuffie. Tifa Huge fan base.

All in All not only did it change RPG's but it gave you a story you could feel like you were a part of, and it set the tone for RPG's to come and became the bench mark for others to follow.

Just like Chrono Trigger opened the path for Multi-Endings. FF7 openned the way for fighting systems, character development, and full length stories.

On a personal note I never liked FF8 I actually had to force myself to play it through.

I think if you can deal with the graphics... you'd find that FF6 is a much better game for every reason you illustrated here, cept the 3-d graphics and all. (if you can find out all about shadow and his past, you'll get choked up in the end too)  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

AydenCross

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:56 pm
I really want to play VI... I feel ashamed to call myself a fan without having played VI...

It saddens me..  
Chatterbox (Non-FF Discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces