relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 13: Rp Forest
Hearts of Fate: The Orb of Balance

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What other races do you want added to the RP?
  Siren
  Veypr
  Drac
  Elemental
View Results

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:14 am
((I've nothing better to do, so...))

Konnichiwa, minna-san (hey, everyone)! Joining all these RPs (I'm currently in four of them) made me think about starting my own. Hehe...just one more RP to keep away boredom (unless your drowning in the myriad of RPs you've joined, of course xd smile

I'll be putting the different aspects of this particular RP on different posts, listed in their order:

1. (This one) - Intro and main plot thread/story (including setting)
2. Pre-made characters
3. Format for original character sheet
4. Characters currently in RP
5. Waitlisting and General Rules
6. Original Character List

------------------------------
(Here we go...)

1. The Story

Parallel to our own, there exists another world, traveling along the same timeline as ours. The only difference between these two worlds is that technology had never caught on in the other world, known as Arkanna. Here, faeries and other mythical creatures are real; and two opposing, yet complementary forces hold everything in equilibrium. The High Priestess-Oracle Yumeru, as old as time itself, serves as the protector of the Orb, the symbol of the balance in that world.

However, a dark shadow stretched out its hand over this arcane world and upset the natural order; darkness sought to overcome light. With the threat of perpetual chaos looming over the horizon, it was decided that the stones of power - once secreted in the Mages' Tower in Khraal, the central kingdom - be sent to our world.

There are eight stones in all: one for each of six elements and six outer kingdoms, and one each for the two overall forces and two inner kingdoms.

On our world, only six people in total knew of the coming trials. Two of them were Keepers of the Forces, and the other four were the Catalysts, guardians of the Gate between our world and Arkanna. The two Keepers were entrusted with the stones of Light and Darkness - and along with them, their task - at the tender age of six, for afterwards they would be trained for their roles by the Catalysts themselves.

When the time came, six unknowing teenagers - hereafter called Guardians - would find themselves in possession of the other stones of power. Upon the gathering of all eight (the two Keepers and the six Guardians), they would enter in Arkanna, and the struggle between light and dark - and the fate of that world - would begin.

The Setting

The first confrontation between the Light (Guardians) and Shadow (Daemn) occurs on Earth, but the rest of the battles take place in the mystical world of Arkanna.

Just like our Earth of time long gone from memory, Arkanna consists of only one continent. Most of the population inhabit the main continent; almost no one has explored the outlying islands scattered along the coasts.

The mainland is rougly divided into seven territories. The first is the central kingdom, Khraal, governed and protected by the High Priestess-Oracle Yumeru in the absence of its two rightful rulers. The six other territories - or Outer Kingdoms - each represent a particular element, and are also under the protection of the High Priestess-Oracle.

To the northeast is Ignis, the Fire Kingdom. With the Indrae mountain range protecting the northern and western borders and the Lyr River to the south, Ignis's geography makes it a relatively safe haven against the recent Shadow Uprising.

Towards the great ocean in the south lies the Water Realm, Umilnae, and to its west, its sister, the Kingdom of Ice, Fioraln. While both are open to a nautical attack, each kingdom is surrounded by a magical wall created by Yumeru, and protecting them from land seiges is the Brenwood: a great, ancient forest that spans the entire width of the Southern region.

A three-day journey East of Khraal will take one to Zuryph, the Wind Country, and the neighboring territory of Earth, Tersish. They do well enough, despite the lack of protection provided by a mountain range or a forest like Brenwood.

Immediately West of Khraal lies the Lightning Kingdom, Krield. Abandoned now, the fortifications of its outer walls fallen and destroyed, it had the misfortune of being closest to what is now known as the Dunzuren - the self-made Kingdom of Shadow - and so was the first to be attacked. After the attack, a new forest, now called Sylvane - Forest of Silence - sprung up, separating Krield and Dunzuren from the rest of the land.

As well as representing a particular element, each kingdom was also the birthplace of several distinct races. From Khraal came humans and avians; Zuryph, the faeries of air and the hawk anima; Tersish, fox and snake anima; Umilnae and Fioraln, the water and ice faeries; Ignis, the fire faeries and mountain elves. From the Brenwood came the forest elves and wolf anima. And from the Shadow Kingdom came the shadow elves, dark deep-sea creatures known as the Mystrn, and the bat anima. though several other races may exist - most of them probably spawn of the dark corruption of a certain race - they have yet to show themselves.

((PS. I'll be uploading a map of Arkanna as soon as possible - once I find my original sketches for it. And if you have any questions about the races in the RP or in the poll, please PM me. Arigatou!))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:37 am

2. Main Characters (or 'Pre-made Characters')

Key:
name = character taken
name = an NPC of sorts, but available
name = available

Protagonists

Name: Kei Hiyomura
Race: Human
Role: Keeper
Element: Light

Name: Kurogetsu Aki
Element: Darkness

Name: Tagawa Keiichi
Role: Guardian
Element: Fire

Name: Endowa Masako
Element: Water

Name: Shibuyama Saburo
Element: Earth

Name: Yukino Tara
Element: Wind

Name: Asamichi Kato
Element: Electricity

Name: Etsuko Williams (half Western - either English or American)
Element: Ice

Name: Korinne
Race: Faerie
Role: Guide (in absence of either Kei or Aki, or both)
Element: n/a (yet to be revealed; even the Catalysts and the Keepers don't know it)

Antagonists

Name: none given
Alias: Shadow Lord
Race: unknown, except to the Black Rose
Role: The main antagonist, the Shadow Lord is the cause of the imbalance between the two forces in Arkanna
Element: Primarily, it's darkness. Any other abilities will be revealed as the RP goes on.

Name: Kelaerith (or Kela)
Alias: the Black Rose
Race: half human, half elf
Role: the Shadow Lord's right hand...woman
Element: she wields flowers and plants as deadly weapons (an offshoot of Earth control), and she can create storms (offshoot of Lightning control)

Name: Idru
Alias: n/a
Race: Shadow elf, but was previously a forest elf
Role: Idru travels through the many forests in Arkanna, wreaking havoc. He has orders to delay the Guardians when the Shadow Lord's plan is set in motion, and Keiichi and his companions set foot in the Northern Forest, also known as the Forest of Silence.
Element: Wood

(hopefully, there'll be more antagonists to come; I'm still searching through my original manga archives, where I've kept most of the original character sheets and stuff)

-----------------------------

Okay, now that that's out of the way... if you want to play any of these characters, please send me a PM containing the name of the character you want to play, and with either 'Protagonist' or 'Antagonist' as the subject. I'll reply with a short bio, their appearance and personality, and their abilities. Also, since the story is mine, I'll be PMing you whenever a change in your character is about to occur (for instance, Korinne finally reveals what element she controls).

Please note that any character with a line through his/her name is already taken. Please see the third post after this one for instructions on how to go about this if you still want to join the roleplay.

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:50 am

I know the character choices are limited, and that we all want to play a character that feels 'natural' to us. That's why I'm deviating from my original story and allowing you guys to create your own characters!

Original Character Info Sheet
Gaian Name:
Name: (please include a last name if your character is from Earth)
Age: (the only one in this story who can be ageless is Yumeru, and she's not even playable! I'll be thinking about that, though...)
Race: Choose between human, elf (forest, mountain, or shadow), faerie (fire, water, ice, air), avian (winged being), and anima (fox, wolf, bat, snake, hawk)
Appearance: (either an image or a good description is acceptable)
Alignment: Dark, light, neutral (varying from lawful neutral to spiritual neutral)
Short Bio:

If there's something in this info sheet that you don't understand, please PM me with your questions and I'll try my best to explain. And please PM your OC profiles to me and wait for me to approve and post them myself.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:02 am
Characters Currently in the RP

Protagonists

Name: Hiyomura Kei
Appearance: User Image
Element: Light
Abilities: n/a
Played by: flameangel_child524

Name: Kurogetsu Aki
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (This is actually how he looks at 20+, but it's the only pic I have of him so far; the rest has gotten lost somehow)
Element: Darkness
Played by: flameangel_child524

Name: Yukino Tara
Element: Wind
Temporarily played by: snubsnub

Name: Asamichi Kato
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (again, this is him at 20+; I don't have a teen pic of him yet)
Element: Electricity
Abilities: a/n
Played by: snubsnub

Name: Etsuko Williams
Element: Ice
Played by: snubsnub

Name: Korinne
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (I'll replace this with a 3/4 or frontal view as soon as I find one)
Role: Guide
Element: unknown
Abilities: a/n
Played by: ((E M O-I N G))

-------------------

Antagonists

Name: Darkkstarr
Race: wolf anima
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Played by: xXDarkkstarrXx

-------------------

Neutral Characters

-------------------

(Please note that no matter how many original character sheets are sent to me, approved, and posted on this thread, we won't start until the 'pre-made' characters are all taken; they are crucial to the storyline. Thanks!)  

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:28 am

5. WAITLISTING INSTRUCTIONS

If you're reading this, I assume the character you wanted to play was already taken but you still wish to join the RP. So, here's how the waitlisting thing works:

1. PM me twice.

2. The first one should contain have the subject "Waitlist" in it. The message should contain the name of the character you wanted to play, and then a sample of your RPing...whatever. I need to know if you can convey a character well,because these guys are the central characters.

3. The second PM should have "Join - Backup" as the subject. Provide a character info sheet for an original character you may use while waiting for the pre-made character to become available. You must also have someone ready to take over this character (the OC) once you've taken charge of my own characters (if this didn't make sense, please tell me so).

4. Wait for me to approve of your OC and to put you on the waitlist (it will be posted once there are actually people listed on it).

5. Once the character is available again, I'll PM you with his/her bio, a pic of his/her appearance (if available), personality in a nutshell, and his/her abilities.

Of course, there are those who'd rather wait than create their own character. In this case, you need to PM me only once, following the guidelines in item #2.

I know...it seems like there are too many rules attached to this RP, but I just want it organized. Once we start, I don't want profiles/character info sheets popping up in random places. I hope you guys understand. biggrin

GENERAL RULES
1. As mentioned before, PM your profiles to me and wait for them to be approved.

2. Unlike other RPs, this one actually has a timeline. You have to wait for me - or an ally of yours - to PM you with the go-ahead (we'll get to the ally thing later on, once we have all the neccessary characters). Only then will you be able to actually post something in the thread. However, I will need you to stick to a general plan, say... one of the villains attacks at this point; it will be up to the RP-er/s involved exactly how to pull it off. 3nodding

3. I'm really sorry for those who want to play my own characters (the Keepers, Guardians, etc), but you cannot make up their abilities. I'll be the one to take care of that. However, you can PM with your ideas for a new ability - that will take your character by surprise, of course.

4. As much as possible, keep the one-liners to a minimum. It can get tiring replying to that sort of post.

5.And, in keeping with Rule #4, please be at least semi-literate. Know when to start a new paragraph, use the proper punctuation, all that jazz. Nothing is more annoying than trying to decipher what a certain character is doing, and then finding out you interpreted it wrong. Some grammatical errors and spelling errors are tolerable, but kindly learn from them. No offense intended, 'kay?

5. Unlike other RPs, there will be deaths, but only a few specified characters will 'suffer' this fate. Hence, like other RPs, no killing off of a character unless approved by me, or if the target has agreed to 'die' during that period. But make sure you tell me (and any others that may be involved) so we won't be taken completely by surprise.

6. No god-modding (as usual), and no excessive powers, especially the OCs. You guys weren't meant to be in the RP originally, but I'm making adjustments to the story as more are added. Please make sure your abilities match your race and skill-level or age. (Example: a young fire faerie of age 15 cannot create blazing infernos, huge fireballs, or control large fires; but her mentor, aged 30+, may be able to manage 2 out of the 3 abilities; and the faerie village head may have all 3 abilities and more). Again, PM me for questions on this one.

7. I know there are a lot of rules attached to this, but please bear with me (I think I mentioned one reason in the previous section of this post); I'm a stickler for details and stuff...but that doesn't mean you guys can't have fun! That's why the 7th rule is to enjoy yourselves, regardless of the myriad rules that comes with this RP! 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:09 pm
List of Original Characters

Name: Darkkstarr
Alighnment: Dark (antagonist)
Short Bio: It was around the time of the first Shadow Uprising, when four-year-old Darkkstarr witnessed the destruction of her village - and the death of her parents. Soon after the attack, a passing shadow elf attacked the young anima, leaving her to die.
Needless to say, Darkstarr survived long enough for the Shadow Lord to take her into his employ. She has no mercy for any of the elven races, and rarely makes friends, deeming it a waste of time if to befriend them if they'll only die later on. The friends she does have are assured her extreme loyalty, even unto death.

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

((E M O-I N G))

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:29 am
when are we gonna start this?  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:39 am
((E M O-I N G))
when are we gonna start this?

Since not a lot of people seem to be interested (I feel unloved... crying ), and apparently you seem to be itching to start this RP....we'll do it like this: we pick a few other characters and play them until some more people join. Is that...all right? If it's fine with you guys, then tell me who among the remaining characters you'd like to be temporarily, and I'll send you the details and stuff ASAP. 3nodding

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

snubsnub
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:23 pm
I'll take over the wind element until someone takes it. ;D  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 am
snubsnub
I'll take over the wind element until someone takes it. ;D

Sure, it's yours. Just let me finalize her bio and stuff (like the ones I sent you for Etsuko and Kato). I've put her pic up, in case you've not noticed.

Question: Anyone interested in seeing them all grown up and with kids? Just curious... xd

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

((E M O-I N G))

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:16 pm
I'll take whatever anyone doesn't want lol  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:03 pm
The wind element's picture is beautiful! Great job fire! Acutally.. are all very excellent. ^^ (If you want, I can delete this post) PS.. is it ok if I play wind permanatley and leave my electricity guy as an option other RPers? So yea, I'll rp electricity till someone takes it?  

snubsnub
Crew

flameangel_child524

6,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:44 am

snubsnub: Sure, you can do that; I'll just go and edit the character list.

E M O-I N G: Aside from Kei and Aki, I'll be 'RP-ing' the three antagonists - the Shadow Lord, the Black Rose, and Idru - but they'll be counted as NPCs until someone offers to RP them. Go ahead and choose another character or two (or three...or four...only kidding xd ); I'll play those who are left. smile

((We'll delete this OOC posts as soon as we start, which will be as soon as you guys choose your temporary characters and I send you their profiles and whatnot.))  
13: Rp Forest

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games