Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Feh....males...>>

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Almost Completely

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:01 pm
Okay, who wants to hear me ramble about how annoying men are?

No one.

No, shutup, you don't!

Who wants to hear me ramble about a problem of mine with these creatures?

No one.

But I will anyways.

Firstly, let's get one thing straight that will help you mucho grande later on, my Church is my life because I'm home schooled. Church is my hangout, my friend pit, and my Dad's job. It's also my source of friends and assortment of crushes.

Another helpful little fact is that this little affair centers around two boys in a family called "The Stones." Why are they called the stones you ask? Because it's their last name.

Ah yes, Griffin Stone, age of 14, completely psycho and retarded on the outside, but funny and charming in his own way.

Then there's William Stone, age of 13, psycho, retarded, a rung below most on the evolutionary chain, and not charming at all, I've come to find.

Now, considering I myself am 13 would you think the suitable suitor is Will, right? At least, that's how most people I know view it. The problem is, I don't like Will. I used to. Now, some horrific streak of fate has caused me to hate him, and like his brother.

I'm a horrible person, aren't I?

Before you decide, hear my little story;

Okay, if you've read so far, you're probably all ready to hear me out and give me advice. Before I present the problem, I'd like to thank you.

Now, this all starts with a friendship. The friendship between me and a Meridith Stone. Her brothers happen to be the two guys I mentioned earlier. Me and Meridith met after our parents met and soon we were all good friends. Similar interests and morals and a common Church melded us together. So, basically, I was really close to the Stone family. There was even a point when I came over literally every weekend and a few other times during the week depending on current events. Well, being close to Meridith, I was also close to Will. Long and aggravating story short, I grew a crush on him. When I first met him he was nice and kind. We would talk about video games we had played or TV shows we had watched for hours. After we he found out I liked him though, he started acting mean. Not the whole "I like you and I'm trying to hide it" mean, but mean! He made fun of me at every chance he got, when in public he became my worst enemy, he even was violent at a point. This was not the person I had grown a crush on. So I tried to keep him out of my life. I really grew to hate him.

Well, after a few months of ignorance, he emailed me asking me to be his girlfriend! I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but it was time to make a clean cut. My little slice was immortalized as a "NO." So I just sort of floated for a while. Not particularly liking anyone specific, I mean, I still had crushes on a few people, but they weren't the kind I'd ever reveal to anyone but a close friend.

Up to this point I had never even considered Griffin. He was kinda distant and, well, not in the picture.

This soon changed.

One night, my parents were practicing for worship team, ( My Dad's the worship leader and my Mom plays the Bass, so she's included. Griffin's Mom sings sometimes too.) So, eventually, we played a game of hide and seek with my siblings to get away from them. We kinda sorta ended up in a dark room.

Great situation eh? Oh no, it gets better. So, out of the blue, he asks me who I like. I answer fairly truthfully with an " I don't really know." Sounds awkward huh? It wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds. My siblings found us and we left the room.

Okay, before continuing, I need to state some facts about Griffin. He's been "with" almost every girl in Youth in Church. Which isn't so bad considering we aren't that big of a Church. And it hasn't been an actual with. It's pretty much been an "almost with". He also, at the time, had recently been inquiring as to wether or not my freind Monique liked him. So I had assumed he liked her. (On a sidenote, she does like him. And she's 15, and much closer to him. )

We eventually hid again. This time it was a big suprise for me, what he asked. "Do you like me?"

I was rather stunned that he'd ask such a thing. It's true that he'd been near me all the time, but as I said before, he wasn't really in the picture. And, I realized then, that the answer was yes.

So I truthfully answered, "Yeah, I guess." My siblings found us and then it was time to go.

After that he started avoiding me a bit, but recently he's been back to his normal self.

NOW FOR THE ADVICE PART! FINNALY! My question is, what exactly do I do now? I don't really know if he likes me, and I really want to know. I also want to keep this on the down-low. People in my Youth Group still view me as childish for some reason.

Advice people, commense advice now!!!  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:02 am
well, if i understood correctly, u r 13. ppl might view u as childish bcs of that; even tho u've entered the 'teen-zone' does not, in any way, mean ppl will start looking at u as a grown-up [know from experience]. as for what u should do, i think u should consider exactly why u like him, or if it's just this kinda "puppy-love" crush. also, keep in mind u r still young. bcs u r a 'teen', it doesn't mean u HAVE to get a bf. i think that's just something that happens when it does, not bcs u r an age u must have a relationship. if u want an example, i had my first bf at late 17 [turned 18 around a month and a half after we got together]. so u see, it's not something that HAS to happen. it's the same thing with dating. there is absolutely no rule whatsoever that states u must be in a relationship at one or another age [unless u consider the unspoken rules of "status" set by ignorant society]. i'm not saying u shoudn't do it, i mean to say don't rush into anything. u have lots of time left, there's no need to be in anything, specially if u aren't completely sure u want to. if u really want to find out if he likes u, u should simply go face up and ask him....if u r a chicken for that type of things [i am too, that's why i'm using the term, bcs i can apply it to myself sweatdrop ] then ask him why he asked u, and why he was different for a period of time [since u said he's back to normal]. that might give u an idea as to if he likes u or not. safest bet, in my opinion, is asking straight up. but i know it's really hard to gather the guts to do it [if u really care, that is, since if u don't u ask carelessly and it doesn't matter]. aside from that....wait it out, give him hints....and after that....i've run out of things to say...hope something, if anything here, will help ya out  

Sotur

Almost Completely

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:41 pm
Yeah, I was thinking I should just ask him. But I don't want to come off as pushy, and right now we have a stable relationship as just friends. "Tis' better to have loved and lost than to never loved at all" though. First, I'll ask other people. I'll ask Merideth and Monique if he's ever acted this way before and gather all the information I can, then suck up and ask him straight why he asked me that. That seems to be the best choice, right?  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:23 am
I've decided to just forget about him. If we had a relationship it would just be too awkward. neutral  

Almost Completely

cecy-PR

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 pm
why would it be awkward? is it because u guys are just friends now? u think bcs u have been thru friendship, a bf/gf relationship would be weird? confused  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:15 am
wow. ok. well... in my views of church (which is so little considering i'm athiest) i go to church sometimes on fridays... it's for youth group (which i only go to because the boy i like goes XD). lol.

ok... well my advise? Men suck. plain and simple. some better then others, and some not at all. (perverted ness intended). Ok... so Griffin (i love the name. i want that name... if i kill him and take his skin... i'm sorry >_>) you like him, he is but a year older, no real diffrence. and considering you don't go to a real school, there is NO problem. (unless your parents are overly protective like mine... she refuses to let me or my younger sister date. Mind you, i'm 15 >_>) I'd say try to get him alone and talk it over... or get a friend to. I'd say his sister... but in boy world, that's a nono. We don't like talking to our sisters about anything like that. I still haven't told mine i'm gay. lol. But try and talk w/ him... see if he likes you. if he does... go for it!!

I know at your age, i didn't "like" anyone.. or wouldn't admit it anyways. Considering i was in the closet. But you my child, can like who ever you want, AND BE PROUD OF IT. so take a shot in the dark, and try to get this boy! Don't be shy, i know it's hard not to... but just try!!  

Kogru

Almost Completely

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:07 pm
The problem is, as I said, everyone at church thinks I'm an innocent little 13 year old, if I where to suddenly date Griffin, they would think differently of me, like I was cheap or something. Plus, the deal with his brother, what would his parents think of me? I'd seem slutty in the eyes of all now that I think about it. And I'm still indesicive(?) as to whether or not I like him. It just wouldn't work out. If he wants to be with be, he should be the one to voice it. It's mean to ask someone that without voicing their reasons. If he expects me to be the bold one here he's got another thing coming.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games