Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
away from home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loki god of BS

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:19 pm
see heres the problem im a junior in high school and my mom is allways talking about how i need to grow up and be responsible because soon ill go to college and such i hate being way from home and maybe i am being iresponsible i have been able to take care of myself before but not like that. whenever i think of leaving home i want to cry and my mom allways saying i have to grow up and yeah i know that but it kinda scares me and when i think about it i just wanna kill myself!  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:23 pm
You're not the only one who's scared...
Keep in mind that even though they are always telling us we have to work really hard right now in preparation for college.... Don't forget that people are also always saying that their college years were the best years of their lives.
Your mom isn't going to throw you out when you go to college, is she?  

xCrimsonTeersx

K1T3

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:45 pm
it's normal. but we have to do it. if you feel home sick just don't move into a dorm. drive to college from ur home.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:23 pm
We all have to move out sometime... *shrugs* You have plenty of time though till you move out.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Sotur

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:35 pm
i think she's just being the normal parent. it IS true that for college u need to be responsible and all, but it's not all that different from school...at least not for me. it's nothing to feel suicidal for; it's perfectly normal to be scared. heck, i was terrified to come to college; soon i'll be starting my 3rd year and i gotta say it's not a big deal. sure, it's different, but not as scary as i thought. just make the RIGHT friends, don't neglect ur grades, and u'll be good to go  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:45 am
it seams like you dont like change so you have to force the changein order too get over it that is all i say on this  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

cynn_tao

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:46 pm
Dont go to a college THAT far away. make sure that you can stay home or something. Go to a college in driving distance.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games