Reply City of the Damned
My grandpa died

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ju - Ju

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:00 am
Well my grandpa died and since im chinese you have this thing that whenever a family member dies you put a small shrine in your house and pray and feed them (leave snacks by their picture) for a few weeks.

Well my story is that i heard my grandpa in my living room with his friends!
Sounded like some guy washing dishes, 5 or 6 people talking to eachother and footsteps all over my living room! They ate the oranges i fed them! 4laugh

Lol xd  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:14 am
I didn't know about that tradition, though I've read about feasts for the dead. I've always thought it would be purely symbolic to set a place and lay out a meal for a deceased relative. How novel, to hear that they actually eat the food.

That certainly beats out any, 'omg Santa ate the cookies' moments. xd

Spellcat

Ature Manti

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:09 am
Oh hun! I am really sorry that I didn't reply to this sooner! I had one summer where I lost both of my great grandpas, two aunts, and an uncle. That was the worst summer that I've ever had...but when I dream about them, I still see their faces clear as day. It's comforting to know that I haven't forgotten them yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 pm
I'm sorry to hear that he died, hun. sad

I think he misses you, that's why he makes his presence felt. He's telling you that he loves you.  

Allerisse
Captain

Fashionable Genius

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Dreamless Dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:17 pm
I know what you mean (i'm chinese too XD) but what my family do is that twice a year, we all go out to their graves and place a couple of oranges just at the tombstone for them to eat.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 pm
Sorry about your grandfather. sad  

Seighart Fennel

City of the Damned

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas