Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of CLAMP?
  Hate
  Love
View Results

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:46 pm
I think manga readers either hate CLAMP, or love them. Personally, I hate them because their books are slow paced and have basically no substance. Maybe I get bored too easily. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:40 pm
I actually like CLAMP a lot.
I think a large reason is because I love most of the characters they make (which is great, cause they seem to re-use them a lot).
My brother was also complaining about them, especially in Tsubasa.
Maybe I just don't notice these things, but even if the story doesn't move that quickly, I still find it interesting nonetheless. Although, I do admit, I couldn't get into X until several volumes in.
Plus, I think their art style's pretty cute and rather distinct.

Bemused Dreamer

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:59 pm
Quote:
I actually like CLAMP a lot.
I think a large reason is because I love most of the characters they make (which is great, cause they seem to re-use them a lot).
My brother was also complaining about them, especially in Tsubasa.
Maybe I just don't notice these things, but even if the story doesn't move that quickly, I still find it interesting nonetheless. Although, I do admit, I couldn't get into X until several volumes in.
Plus, I think their art style's pretty cute and rather distinct.

I think it might actually also be your sex. A lot of my guy friends hate CLAMP. But some of them like CLAMP too. I really like shojo manga and i know it has nothing to do with that so....i guess its just a matter of opinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:36 pm
Might be.
Not sure if liking shoujo has anything to do with it,
but, to me, it seems as if the majority of their fanbase are girls.

Bemused Dreamer

sharleenkagome

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:36 pm
rouroken
I think manga readers either hate CLAMP, or love them. Personally, I hate them because their books are slow paced and have basically no substance. Maybe I get bored to easily. What do you think?

[Post removed by mod]  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:41 pm
Quote:
[Post removed by mod]

lol. sorry thats just my opinion.  

The Atheistic Messiah

sharleenkagome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:41 am
rouroken
Quote:
[Post removed by mod]

lol. sorry thats just my opinion.

Just because that ur opinion u take down my post!?!?!??! I see how it is u inconsiderate noobish CREEP!!!!!!!! stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:53 am
i didnt take down your post, it was a mod of the guild.....i didnt even see your post! i thought you actually wrote "post removed by mod" as a joke....  

The Atheistic Messiah

zenyba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 am
I just love clamp, it's soo original how they design their manga to exist in one of there other creation ^^ heart  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:57 am
wow.....i like have nobody on my side.....  

The Atheistic Messiah

Lilim_demon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:45 pm
clamp is really good! i used to like cardcaptor whn i was younger but i like the remake tsubasa R.C. and xxxholic is pretty good too 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:14 am
okay. i see what ur talking about when u say u hate CLAMP. However, since CLAMP often changes the artist and the writer of the story in each manga they write, they are inconsistent. The newer CLAMP stuff isn't really that good. Try reading the older CLAMP classics, like Chobits and Tokyo Babylon. xxxHolic and Tsubasa are also very funny.

anyway, in regards to CLAMP, it really depends on which of their mangas you read. Some are, in fact, pretty bad. But others are super duper good.  

zenith_mist

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:48 am
zenith_mist
okay. i see what ur talking about when u say u hate CLAMP. However, since CLAMP often changes the artist and the writer of the story in each manga they write, they are inconsistent. The newer CLAMP stuff isn't really that good. Try reading the older CLAMP classics, like Chobits and Tokyo Babylon. xxxHolic and Tsubasa are also very funny.

anyway, in regards to CLAMP, it really depends on which of their mangas you read. Some are, in fact, pretty bad. But others are super duper good.

CLAMP does ave more than one artist/writer but they all work together to come up with plot ideas and how to write there stories. i read chobits and i hated it XP  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:44 pm
Rouroken
zenith_mist

CLAMP does ave more than one artist/writer but they all work together to come up with plot ideas and how to write there stories. i read chobits and i hated it XP

XD well, you're a guy, you probably wouldn't like Chobits...In fact, most of the stuff CLAMP writes is aimed towards girls.  

zenith_mist

The Atheistic Messiah

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:54 am
zenith_mist
Rouroken
zenith_mist

XD well, you're a guy, you probably wouldn't like Chobits...In fact, most of the stuff CLAMP writes is aimed towards girls.

Yeah I know most of the stuff CLAMP writes is for girls but I do read a lot of shojo manga. And I think a lot of people write better shojo than CLAMP.  
Manga Maniacs Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff