Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
D&D Nerds Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hylian Bard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:54 pm
I'm about to start D&Ding for the first time, playing an elf paladin. We're doing the Dragonlance campaign. Anyone have any advice for a newb, or just wanna share their experiences (good, bad, or just funny)?

I'm also planning on working toward the bladesinger prestige class. What are your favorite prestige classes/what prestige class is your character?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 pm
My favorite class is Scout from complete adventure
here is a character creation system
http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm  

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Koravin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:13 pm
Paladins suck. Stop now while you can. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:43 pm
She is rigth....
Lichs are soo mutch fun! twisted twisted twisted
Or just necromancers.  

Boss Ghoul

Unbeatable Capitalist

Shadowhitedemon

1,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:30 pm
they are both right  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:08 am
If you want to stop your paladin, you could always become a kender! whee  

Mystical_Kaba

Shadowhitedemon

1,000 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:23 pm
very true  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 am
Wow! them are some game killers there sweatdrop OK I'm a tornament rated judge and gamer for over 16 years now (yes I'm old) so a couple of things you can do to insure you have fun

1: Talk with the other players and see what they are playing. If you get an idea of what they are going to play, you can match a c harater that would interact with the party and make the game fun for everyone

2: As a new player, apply KISS: Keep It Simple Stupid. Get used to the rules first. play something in the PHB (thats players hand book) and get used to the system. once your comfortable, then slowly expand on what you can play or what the DM will allow

3: Have fun. it is a game after all mrgreen

Anymore questions just let me know I'll be willing to help 3nodding  

Lina_Von_Harmon

Krago

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:33 pm
If I had to give any advice, other than to wear sunscreen, I would say this:

You might want to start with something simple. I know the thought of a human fighter can be something of a turn off but they're easy to make and manage and in a simple game they should be able to survive anything fair DM could throw at you.

Look at what your stats are before you decide what you want to be. Some classes work better with some rolls and others don't. Wizards and druids work well with a high score for spellcasting and don't need anything else, other stats are just a bonus. Characters like monks and paladins need most of their abilities to be good.

Make sure if you're going to play a certain game for a long period of time make sure you like what your playing. If you have a good character idea for your elf paladin (background story, history, personality, plans for where to go with the character, etc.) then save her for the big game. If you know you'll have fun playing the character then keep the idea around for a game that you're sure will last multiple sessions. That way you won't get disappointed if the game ends and you're unsatisfied that your character never got a chance to develop properly.

Good luck and bring us back a tale.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:13 am
Like the two before me said, keep it simple. Also, I shy away from pristage classed because you tend to have just as powerful or more powerful of a character if you stick to the original class. Also, remember that it doesn't realy matter what class you play as long as you play the character well. Half the fun of RPGing is imagining what your character is and will do in different situations and interacting with other PC's and NPC's... that is unless you and your group are hack and slashers. In that case, good luck. biggrin  

Dunedien

Acolyte Kahlan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:08 pm
Probably the funniest experience I have had while playing Dungeons and Dragons was my friend stumbled upon a coffee bush and became hyper for the next three days which nearly got him eaten by a dragon. That and he shot himself in the foot off a bad ricochet. Ah good times.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:08 pm
I've made a lot of characters, but I think my most successful combination was a human cleric of Pelor/radiant servant of Pelor.  

Teutonic Knights

Teutonic Knights

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:20 pm
kobold505
My favorite class is Scout from complete adventure
here is a character creation system
http://www.pathguy.com/cg35.htm

Since a few months ago, www.pathguy.com has been down; the screen says page is taking too long to respond.

It really sucks.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:22 am
ok  

Youbertoe

ndifeuno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:46 am
Just have fun with it, anything can happen in a game of D&D! I've played everything from a dwarf paladin to an elven cleric-wizard crossclass. The point is not what kind of character you have, but how well balanced your PARTY is, a group of characters that are all fighters can hinder your progress, or add to the fun and challenge, however you choose to look at it xd  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games