Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eyesiq
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:28 am
OKAY.

I'm tired of ppl think "emo" is just one thing. (ie. emo is a music genre, emo is depression/suicide, emo is tight jeans and long hair)

Emo is all these things.

Emo started as a genre of music (emotive hardcore) in the 90's and evolved into the pop-punk, screamo that "emo kids" love today.

The whole tight pants and long hair covering one eye thing is just a fashion statement that became popular and was labled as "looking emo" because the people who dressed this way either listened to a lot of "emo" music or acted depressed and antisocial.

That's where this whole suicide-my life sucks thing came in and everything snowballed from there.

Now we have emo kids putting on more color and calling it "scene". "Scene" is just what emo is evolving into and right now I believe that it can still be identivied as an "emo" style of dress.

YES emo is a label that hurts ppl because "stereotypically" "emo" is a mopy depressed person who listens to crap music.

I don't use emo as a label and not everyone else does!

I just use it to identify simmilar interests within people that I may become friends with. If a "prep" wanted to find someone to talk to, would this person walk up to a person who was dressed in mostly black w/ piercings and long hair (normally) or would this person go talk to someone who was dressed in the latest Abercrombie & Fitch jacket? It's just what everyone does. Why should we, the people in this thread, get ridiculed for the use of labels when people use labels to identify people in their subconcience every day?

I know I don't immediately go and consider everyone who wears tight jeans a "cutter" because that is a sensitive topic, but you have to realixe that there are some "emo" looking people out there who deal with these sorts of things.

And on the subject of posers-

People who go and randomly say "oh, I'm so emo!" probably aren't serious in the first place, but otherwise are just stupid and ignorant.

My home life does suck so I'm gonna whine about it to anyone who would like to listen and offer advice because that's just me. People who just state that their life sucks and unload on any unsuspecting person is "poser-ish" and stupid, but there ARE "emo" people who would like to know that there are people out there with simillar interests who are going through the same crap they are.

That's what I have to say...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:07 pm
word.

i-hollie

Sharpie_Kitty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:42 pm
soooo frakin true! <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 am
yeah. I have to agree with that. XD.  

hookshot1
Vice Captain

xYourXThiefx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:25 pm
Nice statement. Good job. So true.

And anything else along the lines of the words posted above.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:04 am
I vouch for that  

uchiha.hatake.emerald

hookshot1
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:35 pm
XD. I never could figure out how to spell vouch. I always thought to much so it'd be like : vouch, vouche, vouge, and then I'd give up and find some other way. *sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:16 pm
And those are all reasons Why i love the "emo" genre of people.  

MoonlightHanyou

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

hookshot1
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:12 pm
*sigh* this topic seems to be going no where.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:41 pm
well.....mmkay then....  

eyesiq
Crew

hookshot1
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:27 pm
The Screamo Kid
well.....mmkay then....

XD.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:35 am
~silence......silence....stared at....silence~
Dude! What's with the silence!? Is someone waiting for the fat kid to do a magic trick?! (no offense peeps...just bored)  

xYourXThiefx

Bendii Straw

Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:14 am

You have forgotten to mention that...their is a sub-culture of "emo" && that is the "Happy Emo" which is just starting to emerge now(mainly in Australia).

It is a well...I hate to say this...but a "label" for the ones out their who have absolutely nothing to do with emo except like the style....they may not like the music, they don't have depression or problems they simply enjoy the style.

Lots of people are calling them Posers but if you think about it, the term does fit && they aren't posing as they aren't saying they take any other influence from the "emo" label apart from the attire.

Also....
"Scene" has a slight twist on it to emo....but I can't remember what that is at this point in time, if you want me to get back to you I can Poppets.

:]

But apart from that I agree with your statement 100% :]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:44 am
DUDE! you said it, man 3nodding

Viva Cliche

Xena Ma-azaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:37 pm
I agree.  
Help and advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff