A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Advice Forum
OK, so now what? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
LadyAmalthea40 rolled 4 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 2 Total: 13 (4-24)

LadyAmalthea40

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:35 pm
Have joined a couple of guilds and introduced myself...now what do I do? anybody got any suggestions? Also I am trying to figure out how to do the rolling dice thing and the poll thing in these posts.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:42 pm
Now you just go around and post and chat at people. If you get really bored, you can go bump threads in the Exchange ~ earns gold and you can get a better feel for what things should cost.

On the polls, just click the box next to your selection, and you'll also earn gold.

Geezers Guild is a little slow as RL (Real Life) seems to take over our computer time.  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:51 pm
The posting's the best part if you have diahrea of the brain, like I do.

It's also like having pen pals that answer you really, really fast.

Say... how DO you roll dice?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:35 am
we can play dice in here? how cool is that  

boneybonez

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:02 pm
DICE!?

where, how?  
Lil Brat rolled 10 100-sided dice: 70, 93, 71, 65, 19, 80, 33, 17, 76, 98 Total: 622 (10-1000)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:06 pm
To roll the dice go to "Post Action" - it's the little box right above the box you'll be typing in... lol - you can select roll dice or random number and then select what type of dice and how many, or have it select a random number from ? to ?...

You can also change your post style ~ again in the boxes above where you'd normally type.

Trying out the 100-sided dice x10... twisted  

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:24 pm
Contests are often run using Random Number & Roll Dice.
Rhiannon's been running a roll dice contest in her paper-buying thread to celebrate her birthday. You roll 10 10-sided dice there & try to roll a 73.

My favorite way to earn gold is to go play Jigsaw. If you can play at Hard or Insane levels you get a good return of gold for every puzzle you assemble, & every now & then you also get a bonus prize--a house or clothing item.

There are a lot of ways to earn gold, & lots of them are fun. smile

Have you found your Home & started decorating it yet?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:48 am
Eirwyn
Contests are often run using Random Number & Roll Dice.
Rhiannon's been running a roll dice contest in her paper-buying thread to celebrate her birthday. You roll 10 10-sided dice there & try to roll a 73.

My favorite way to earn gold is to go play Jigsaw. If you can play at Hard or Insane levels you get a good return of gold for every puzzle you assemble, & every now & then you also get a bonus prize--a house or clothing item.

There are a lot of ways to earn gold, & lots of them are fun. smile

Have you found your Home & started decorating it yet?

Yes, I have played jigsaw on the hard levels, haven't tried insane yet. LOL I do have my house and have decorated it. It's allright, just wish I had more room in it. *sigh*  

LadyAmalthea40

CosmicHedgehog rolled 20 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 5, 2, 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 6, 9, 5, 6, 4, 3, 7, 4, 2, 1 Total: 86 (20-200)

CosmicHedgehog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:12 am
Thanks for the Dice info, Lil Brat. We hedgehogs are alittle shortsighted, and I'm not the most observant of God's creatures... redface

Lady Amalthea, I've found that sometimes there's lots to do and then there's nothing. But this guild is great, they don't kick you out if you go a couple of days with not posting. lol which is good for me since I did to lurk. But I just go through phases when I don't really have much to say.

I used to fish alot, but that has lost it's appeal to me for some reason. I do still like the jigsaws, and I usually do them at the insane level - which isn't that bad, it just takes a little bit longer. When ever I'm there, I usually start my own room, and "geezer" is usually first word in the title. So anyone it welcome to join me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 am
Besides posting and dice, try playing the games. Use some of your tokens to play slots or cards, or play word bump (I love it, but it aggravated my tendonitis so I had to quit, darn it!) or do jigsaw puzzles.

You can wander around towns and pick up trash and flowers and catch bugs, and sell them if you like. Or keep them or trade them in to make silly hats and bouquets. (Don't forget to shake down the trees and bushes and kick the rocks to see if they drop gold.)

I wish I had more time to do everything here, but time is limited these days...  

purplewiz

Mega Nerd

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:02 pm
LadyAmalthea40

Yes, I have played jigsaw on the hard levels, haven't tried insane yet. LOL I do have my house and have decorated it. It's allright, just wish I had more room in it. *sigh*

You can expand your home a bit for 5000g.
It used to cost 20,000 to do that, but they recently reduced it. Also used to be there was no space to put a house in Towns any more! Nowadays I think it automatically expands as it needs to. It's become about 5 times the size it was a year ago.

This week a lot of people have been cleaning up big time selling their stockpiles of inks on the MP. I know some who have made 50,000--150,000 selling inks in just a couple of days! There's probably people who became millionaires on this boom. But I can see it slowing down now.
There's still clueless people tossing inks out on the MP for a few cents apiece, though... and with my dial-up I have no hope of getting a single one. neutral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:20 pm
biggrin I'll get some ink for ya tell me what ya want? I'll try... biggrin  

Nodijo

Nodijo rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 19 Total: 20 (2-40)

Nodijo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:23 pm
There now I'm rolling to biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:20 am
I have some inks if someone wants some.  

LadyAmalthea40

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:28 pm
My ink profits come along slowly by comparision to the people who can grab inks on the market for 20g. & sell them for 200 or 2000, but they are growing bit by bit. I managed to buy some red, some black & some blue for around 125-150 & I sell them for 200-250, depending on how sales are at any given time. I trhink I've done about 90,000g. worth of business, with about 35,000 or so clear profit beyond investing in inks to sell. And I haven't sold them all yet.

I don't get why green, brown & yellow are staying so cheap. Someone observed on the GCD that the gold looks almost exactly like the yellow, & the brown isn't so different from the red. So why not use them?

Advice Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff