Asgard Spoilers Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:02 pm
i was thinking about the asgard the other day when it hit me what if all of them weren't on the planet like what if hermiod is still on the Daedalus. It would make him the last of his kind.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:23 pm
I had that exact thought, too. I told my dad about it. He said, "What is it with sci-fi and the 'last of one's kind' thing?" xd

My dad watches Stargate with me, just so you know.

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

goddess velya
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:44 am
i hope there was a ship load out on another mission, poor little gray guys  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:35 pm
And they didn't even store their minds in computer banks? Thor was in a mothership, for goodness's sake! They could've done it so that those holograms were really them.  

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Lt. Colonel Sam Carter
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:55 am
kittyfox_kumiko
And they didn't even store their minds in computer banks? Thor was in a mothership, for goodness's sake! They could've done it so that those holograms were really them.

hmm...that would have been a good idea, but aperantly they decided to not go with any ideas that people might have come up with...which was stupid.....but i guess then again they have to do something "big" for the last episode and that was their big thing....or something  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm
That episode did seem a little rushed.  

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Dr Helen Magnus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:12 pm
It was rushed, they all died in the first 5 minutes of the ep. But I'd imagine that Hermiod was recalled to whatever ship she was supposed to belong to originaly.

As for storing their minds on computers, they were afraid of their knowledge falling into the wrong hands. I'm assuming theirs minds would have been very hard to store not to mention protect. I doubt they would want to exsist in an SGC storage facility somewhere.

Can you imagine the power drain from whatever planet they were on? Thats a huge ammount of computer space for one mind, let alone all of their race.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:29 pm
Well they put all their tech on the Odyssey, so why not build literal "smart machines"?  

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

Kaiser_MageMule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:23 pm
well i doubt that there all gone i think thor lied to them that they were all going to die soon not immediately and what if in pegasus they find an asgard planet or some asgard there that the ancients brought along for the ride when they decided to move.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:34 pm
Hmm true, there have been those like Loki that have rebelled against the rest of their people. He can't be the only one.  

Dr Helen Magnus

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:04 pm
Hey, I just remembered: The Asgard homeworld is in another galaxy altogether! There must be more of them somewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:13 am
I'm not sure, the asgard were always comutting to rescue sg-1. I think their ships were fast enough and their communication technology advanced enough that they didn't need to live on seperate planets to enforse the protected planets treaty. They could just hop on a ship and be there in no time flat. It's very likely that all the asgard were in one place, except for a few rebels like Loki.  

Tarica
Crew

kittyfox_kumiko
Vice Captain

Friendly Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:43 pm
Why in our galaxy, though? They've towed other ships before, so why not in their own galaxy?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:31 pm
Well, even if there are just a few asgard left, those few would probably be able to start up their race again. Not that they'd want to, given the genetic degeneration and all that, but at least the possibility is there.  

Sayuri-Ryuu
Vice Captain

MinakoTenjou
Crew

6,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:08 pm
oooo, nice debate! the way they did the episode it made it very hard, for me at least, to accept that all the asgard are actually dead. so rushed. and they're the asgard, for heaven's sake! couldn't they think of some other solution? i mean seriously. ah, well.  
Stargate

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff